Frontier FLL Commuters

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

sluggo

I'm a new hire and was wondering how the commute to/from DEN / FLL is? How many F9 pilots commute to/from FLL, approx.? With 1 flight a day, it looks like the options are limited. Is there a plan to add additional flights?

Thanks, Sluggo

Southwest should add more options for you when they start up next year, they plan to fly to FLL as one of their routes, as well as MCO,TPA from DEN.

sluggo said:
I'm a new hire and was wondering how the commute to/from DEN / FLL is? How many F9 pilots commute to/from FLL, approx.? With 1 flight a day, it looks like the options are limited. Is there a plan to add additional flights?

Thanks, Sluggo

Hi Sluggo,

FLL is a tough nut. Lot's of commuters across all of the airlines. Your might have to 2 leg it to give yourself more options.

Nu

Be sure to leave a day in advance. There was one guy trying to do it last year and playing with crew scheduling...they weren't in a game playing mood.
Your safest bet is to move to Denver.

Sluggo,

Congrats! You can do the FLL thing as long as u have some backups. Just buy one or two (open) Positive space tickets for a backup. You should not be on reserve for more than a couple months but I will be honest, Reserve is great for people who live in DEN not for people who commute. In fact, it might make you dislike your job. That is exactly what happened to the last FLL guy. He got forced to resign b4 his year was up. He was also a complainer and missed a couple of trips.

BTW, have they mentioned anything about a commuter policy?

Cya

One of the guys brought up commuting to the union guy...(forget his name)...when he was talking to our class, & it didn't seem like a good subject to talk about. It got a bit heated...The subject was dropped quickly & we moved on...to CASS & that was dropped quickly also...

Heyas,

I don't really see what draws people to FLL anyway. If you're from here, or maybe have had a house for 15 years, that's one thing. But to move here and not want to leave after a few years is nuts.

High prices, high property taxes, crappy local school systems, incompetent local governement, and crowded roads. You bake in the summer, and have to deal with the crowds of rude people in the winter. If you live west of I-95, what's the point? It's not like you ever go the beach anyway...you might as well live in Atlanta.

It's not like any of us make enough to have a boat, and even if you do, there's no where in FLL to keep it affordably.

You can't sell your house unless you move out of the area and expect to get an equally nice abode because of the retarded homstead exemption.

But whatever...

Nu

Maybe my mother is in FLL in ICU and needs her son to take care of her. Serously, I have a home there & a home in Denver. I am planning to spend some time there this winter on my boat...Thanks for your comments..Sluggo

Last edited:
sluggo said:
Maybe my mother is in FLL in ICU and needs her son to take care of her. Serously, I have a home there & a home in Denver. I am planning to spend some time there this winter on my boat...Thanks for your comments..Sluggo

Well, then, that would be a legitimate reason to put up with this place. Sometimes you do what you have to.

But for people who don't "need" to be here, there are certainly more attractive places, both economically and envriomentally.

Nu

You have got to be kidding? FLL not as you put it "economically and envriomentally" cheap? you think that Denver is? you must live in the boonies, For one thing from what I saw in Denver is piss poor house builds at 3 times the cost of a similar house built way better in FL. I use to live in FL, Tampa, and had a 3500 sq. ft house that cost me $300,000, try getting that size of a house in Denver for that cost or even close to that cost , and on top of that, FL has no state income tax unlike Denver, heck, I get charged tax for the privilage of working in DEN and I don't even live there, so, I still think that this guy does not need a reason to live where he wants to, but don't harp on FLL just because you think DEN is soo great, which it is not

Latest resources

Back