• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Frontier and Spirit

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What makes the most money for the investment group would give you the answer.

Exactly. As it stands now NK has no natural competition in the market and they can go wherever they want throwing cheap fares and gaining share. At some point the NK labor groups will want a bigger piece of that profit (rightfully so) and there won't be any reason NK mgmt can't give it to them.

If F9 grows into a mirror image of NK then the two management teams can play the whipsaw game and claim the other carrier will run them out of town unless they cut costs and remain the lowest ULCC in town.

A ULCC won't remain a ULCC without a competitive force to keep them cheap. Look at the regional industry for a perfect example.

Frontier is not going anywhere. Indigo did not purchase the airline so it could fail. This is Frankes last hoorah, so I would expect something big from him. His record speaks for itself

You have waaaaaaay too much faith in Mr. Franke...He wanted the merger from day 1....BB and the board said no so he walked and took his shares with him....I'd he very very careful about putting so much faith in your booming business with Franke at the helm...

You have waaaaaaay too much faith in Mr. Franke...He wanted the merger from day 1....BB and the board said no so he walked and took his shares with him....I'd he very very careful about putting so much faith in your booming business with Franke at the helm...

Yep. Ask most any former America-West pilot about what a great leader Franke was. :eek:

You are right, he shelled out the money for F9 just to down size it/shrink it and run it to the ground. I mean why else would he invest, right?

I am sure you are employee at F9 and know something rest of us don't...btw that was sarcasm.

Last edited:
You are right, he shelled out the money for F9 just to down size it/shrink it and run it to the ground. I mean why else would he invest, right?

I am sure you are employee at F9 and know something rest of us don't...btw that was sarcasm.

I think he is trying to illustrate the difference between the success of Frontier as an airline versus the success of Frontier pilots. Franke couldn't care less about the latter. Don't believe that Franke will share any of the success with the pilots. You'll have to take it for yourselves. And if a merger with NK is what Franke chooses, then get ready.

Three years. Once Frontier aligns it's product completely with Spirit and any significant overlap is removed, they will merge or partner in some way to create a large ULCC carrier.

I guess we will see what happens in the future. I personally do not know what is in BFs mind, besides making ton of cash.

Last edited:

Were you in the board room when they discussed this? Seems like this is just speculation.

Latest resources

Back