• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FlyFlyFly

Registered Offender
Gulfstream 550 and Pilatus PC12 Captain (Western US) 1/24

Part 91 flight department, based in the western US, is seeking a Gulfstream 550 and Pilatus PC-12 Captain. Applicant must be current in both models with FlightSafety training in the G550 and SimCom training in the PC-12 within the last year. Competitive salary and benefits package. Please do not apply if you do not meet the qualifications.

There must be oh, maybe one candidate?

FlightSafety for the G
SimCom for the PC12

What a joke...

Don't be so sure... The CP posted this on NBAA Airmail today saying he still doesn't have a candidate yet. Just trying to cut down on people sending resumes without the G type.

Your right Brett. I got the very well written email, and I now understand, but the ad as shown is different from the email.

I believe they are going to have to settle for a GV pilot that has some PT6 time.

I think you're right. I still don't understand why he has to have a G typed pilot. Are they really that much different from anything else? It seems every Gulfstream job posted wants someone already typed. I mean, I've never flown a Gulfstream, but do you pull back on the thrust levers to go up? Pull the yoke back to go fast? Turn it to the left to get right rudder; press the rudder pedals to get aileron?

What ever happened to hiring ther right person?

Sorry...rant over.

I think you're right. I still don't understand why he has to have a G typed pilot. Are they really that much different from anything else? It seems every Gulfstream job posted wants someone already typed. I mean, I've never flown a Gulfstream, but do you pull back on the thrust levers to go up? Pull the yoke back to go fast? Turn it to the left to get right rudder; press the rudder pedals to get aileron?

What ever happened to hiring ther right person?

Sorry...rant over.

Because the type cost 40 grand.

Their are a few G550/G5 and PC12 operators out there, more then you would think.

Their is an opeartion out of Houston that has a G550, a G5, 2 lears and 2-PC12s. Their is another one that I can't recall off the top of my head That has a G5 and a PC12, and then their is this guy, who is a developer.

From what I was told the PC12 makes a great, "ranch aircraft".

Last edited:
If that were my position to advertise for, I would look for "Qualified and current G550 Captain, Pilatus training and experience preferred".

For an operation like that, sending a guy to Pilatus school should be a small expense, and anyone insurable in the 550 should be fine in the PC-12 after 25 hours or so in type and school.

I've heard of an outfit in Florida with these two planes and more. Still an unusual limiting requirement.

Any idea WHAT part of the western U.S.? TC

Latest resources

Back