From the "Make sure that only he can get the job" Dept:

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Because the type cost 40 grand.

So the plane costs how many of millions? That is like not buying floor mats for your car because they cost 50 bucks.

There is a very good flight dept by me that hires guys to fly GIV's and GV's that have no G-whiz time at all. It is more who you know there, than anything else.

As for the insurance. I can pay more or less for my car insurance depending on what deductible I have. The bigger, the less per year. You get the point. Just a scape goat or cheap skate with all these requirements.

So the plane costs how many of millions? That is like not buying floor mats for your car because they cost 50 bucks.

There is a very good flight dept by me that hires guys to fly GIV's and GV's that have no G-whiz time at all. It is more who you know there, than anything else.

As for the insurance. I can pay more or less for my car insurance depending on what deductible I have. The bigger, the less per year. You get the point. Just a scape goat or cheap skate with all these requirements.

I'm didn't say it is right. It looks good as a manager to not have to spend the money for initial, although most reputable companies send you to recurrent when they hire you. I bet this place does in house training on the PC-12 too. Lastly, your right about the insurance. You can insure anyone in anything.

Brett Hull said:
I mean, I've never flown a Gulfstream, but do you pull back on the thrust levers to go up? Pull the yoke back to go fast? Turn it to the left to get right rudder; press the rudder pedals to get aileron?

Well Brett if I answered those questions, I'd be breaking "Gulfstream Masons":cool: internal doctrine...

You'll just have to get a job flying one and then you'll know!

G4G5 said:
From what I was told the PC12 makes a great, "ranch aircraft".

Yeah, too bad the sorry ass Ranch Boss makes the pilots drive 2 hours back into town so they can sleep at the Motel 8.

The insurance on a new G is about $150k per year and they want so many hours in type. The basics are that the type rating is only part of the equation. Companies will hire non-typed if and when there are not acceptable personnel more ready to go who fit the profile they seek.
For the new 450 job we interviewed for, we took the pile of resumes and broke them into those with 450-V 550 types and ready to go, second pile was qualified GIV typed as second choice, and last pile was G rated and time but not above. If none of the above worked, we would look at who we could upgrade and pay for type.

Latest resources

Back