From the "crappy pilot jobs" file...

hawkerflyer

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 20, 2003
Posts
485
Total Time
9500+
Nothing will surprise me anymore. Climbto350.com has a listing for an "entry level" Citation Bravo F/O in, you guessed it, Florida. Entry level, pay is 15K with training and a place to live included. Requires 500 TT and 100 ME. It gets better. The applicant should be a math/science major so as to be able to tutor the owner's children. Wow. Sad thing is, they probably had a hundred resumes on their desk this morning.
 

Flying Illini

Hit me Peter!
Joined
Mar 9, 2003
Posts
2,291
Total Time
6000
What kind of digs are included? :)
 

BOZO

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 8, 2005
Posts
81
Total Time
enough
Surfing the job boards is getting more and more entertaining. 15K for a copilot? WTF? Tutoring? WTF? Why not work at In-N-Out...make more money with probably better benefits...and have a heck of a lot less responsibility. What a joke! Another shining example of what's wrong in aviation. :rolleyes:
 

Captn

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 25, 2001
Posts
65
Total Time
12,000
FL350 Crappy Job File Continued.......

Or the "Entry Level " Jet Co-Pilot with additional duties that pays $15k. MI pilots given "Special Preference" for this one. Must be the week of the 15k special. The bar keeps getting.....
L
o
w
e
r.
 
Last edited:

Wang Chung

Everybody have fun tonite
Joined
Feb 20, 2003
Posts
239
Total Time
4200
hawkerflyer said:
The applicant should be a math/science major so as to be able to tutor the owner's children. Wow.

:eek::eek::eek:...that's all I have to say!
 

AA717driver

A simpler time...
Joined
Mar 27, 2003
Posts
4,911
Total Time
+/-13k
That's the same job I saw posted on NannyJobs.com... :rolleyes: TC
 

Lou3

Minimums...Minimums!
Joined
Sep 1, 2003
Posts
148
Total Time
6000
I saw that posted and thought it had to be some kind of joke.......if not, it is truly sad...
 

ditch

Active member
Joined
Oct 29, 2003
Posts
33
Total Time
6000
BOZO said:
Surfing the job boards is getting more and more entertaining. 15K for a copilot? WTF? Tutoring? WTF? Why not work at In-N-Out...make more money with probably better benefits...and have a heck of a lot less responsibility. What a joke! Another shining example of what's wrong in aviation. :rolleyes:
it's a thin line between fries and shakes


cheers
 

100-1/2

OVER-N-DUN!
Joined
Sep 19, 2002
Posts
436
Total Time
lifer
So... when exactly are you supposed to be doing this "tutoring" anyway? Between gear throws during flight or after? Betcha this was posted in Daytona with those little pull-tabs with a phone number on the bottom of the paper... OH, Yeah... There are none left. Did anyone else get one? If so, could you post the number here so that others can call?




















PPPPPLLLLLEEEEEAAAAAASSSSSSEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
100-1/2
 

Capt1124

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 17, 2005
Posts
293
Total Time
3700
This is what I used to call a "dream job." And except for the one where they wanted a butler as well as a pilot, it's the dreamiest...... actually no, they were going to pay the pilot butler a lot more.....
 

BuddhaJ

Active member
Joined
Jun 28, 2005
Posts
28
Total Time
4800
hawkerflyer said:
Entry level, pay is 15K with training and a place to live included. Requires 500 TT and 100 ME. It gets better. The applicant should be a math/science major so as to be able to tutor the owner's children. Wow. Sad thing is, they probably had a hundred resumes on their desk this morning.
and you guys were bashing the "citi" last month....even we got it better than that!
 

ASH

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 26, 2002
Posts
296
Total Time
Enough
Someone post the contact info for that hose job 15K thing, we can all send them faxes stating our disgust.:D
 

AA717driver

A simpler time...
Joined
Mar 27, 2003
Posts
4,911
Total Time
+/-13k
Wonder how many dogs the owner has? I'm sure washing them and the car are included in the job...TC
 

Lou3

Minimums...Minimums!
Joined
Sep 1, 2003
Posts
148
Total Time
6000
OK, here it is.....


JA Aircraft Leasing
Naples, FL
Fax: 239-443-5259
Position: Citation SIC

Benefits: Slave wages and tutoring owners Brats, must have degree in Math or science as brats are really dumb in those areas...
 

CarjCapt

Well-known member
Joined
May 1, 2003
Posts
179
Total Time
Enough
Lou3 said:
OK, here it is.....


JA Aircraft Leasing
Naples, FL
Fax: 239-443-5259
Position: Citation SIC

Benefits: Slave wages and tutoring owners Brats, must have degree in Math or science as brats are really dumb in those areas...

Thank goodness I don't qualify, no degree in anything.
 

cforst513

Giggity giggity goo!!!
Joined
Oct 20, 2004
Posts
1,854
Total Time
2100
$15,000/year? what is the poverty level these days?
 

FracCapt

Clown punchers, unite!
Joined
Mar 11, 2004
Posts
1,415
Total Time
18+yrs
BOZO said:
Why not work at In-N-Out...make more money with probably better benefits...and have a heck of a lot less responsibility. :rolleyes:
Because In-N-Out doesn't exist in Florida. :D Hell, jobs like this ARE the In-N-Out jobs of Florida!
 

BOZO

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 8, 2005
Posts
81
Total Time
enough
Sonny's BBQ would be better than that joke of a "job!" :D
 

MissKittyKat

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 14, 2005
Posts
516
Total Time
5,000
That Sic will need to buy lots of kraft macaroni and cheese.

And shop at the Good Will for underwear! Can't these folks who are hiring, also hire a separate person to tutor their children?

Florida Family Services could probably tell you what the proverty level is, but hey if they hire a lactating female with a child she will qualify for the WIC program! Now that's thought!

It's kinda humorous! People never cease to amaze me, like airplanes!

MissKittyKat

Wining and dining with friends and family on a weekend is a great way to get back to civilization!
 
Top