• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

From the "crappy pilot jobs" file...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'd be interested to know how many people applied for this job..

AA717driver said:
Wonder how many dogs the owner has? I'm sure washing them and the car are included in the job...TC

Wash the dogs? How about picking up all the poop in the backyard. Probably has to live on the yacht in the backyard which means you get to detail that too.

Googled JA Aircraft Leasing - no joy.

If a true aircraft leasing agency posted this job they shold be ashamed of themselves.

You know, I saw an and for some fractional awhile back, and it was talking about how the pilots helped some owner's kid study for a test- maybe that's where they got the idea.

It was once said, "...if you want to make a small fortune in aviation, you'll have to start out with a large one."

I might apply just to go to the interview. Imagine how much fun you could have.... showing up dressed like, say.. Michael Jackson. Hell, what if 20 of us showed up to the interview bent on scaring the living $h1t out of him so that he never wants to work with pilots again and then sells his plane. The world would probably be a better place.

You guys need to look at the bigger picture. This guy is not hiring a pilot. He is hiring a nanny/tutor, who can also fill in as a co-pilot on the jet. Sounds to me like it is a privately owned toy of someone who makes a lot more $ than me. I doubt he flies it more than a couple of hundred hours a year. Now take into account that room and board is offered, probably in some pretty sweet digs. What would it cost to set up living quarters in Naples? $1500 a month? Add that to the paycheck and now all of a sudden the job is paying in the mid-30's. If I were a young single guy, perhaps a low time CFI, I would be all over this. At least I would look into it. You never know where it might lead.

hoover said:
You guys need to look at the bigger picture. This guy is not hiring a pilot. He is hiring a nanny/tutor, who can also fill in as a co-pilot on the jet. Sounds to me like it is a privately owned toy of someone who makes a lot more $ than me. I doubt he flies it more than a couple of hundred hours a year. Now take into account that room and board is offered, probably in some pretty sweet digs. What would it cost to set up living quarters in Naples? $1500 a month? Add that to the paycheck and now all of a sudden the job is paying in the mid-30's. If I were a young single guy, perhaps a low time CFI, I would be all over this. At least I would look into it. You never know where it might lead.

The very act of taking this offer seriously is at the root of most of what is wrong with this industry. If enough people refuse to whore themselves out to dirtbags like this--things might start to change for the better.

Latest resources

Back