From the ALPA Age 60 Website...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My idea of a poll is as follows:

Do you favor changing the retirement age to 65? yes or no.

Thats it, no more theoretical, leading questions to muddy the waters. And furloughed guys get to participate. If they are eligible for recall, they are ALPA members the way I see it.

My idea of a poll is as follows:

Do you favor changing the retirement age to 65? yes or no.

Thats it, no more theoretical, leading questions to muddy the waters. And furloughed guys get to participate. If they are eligible for recall, they are ALPA members the way I see it.

It's not just the way you see it, it's a fact. If you are in good standing when furloughed, you are a member in good standing during your furlough. That's it. How ALPA has gotten away with ignoring the furloughees opinion is beyond me.

PIPE

give me a lesson on recall

Rez,

Tell me step by step how a member in good standing would get a resolution put on the record at the local lec level that would effect the local mec and the national mec.

First resolution- force alpa to support age 60 with all its resources defending against age 65.

second resolution- recall prater

step 1, step 2, step 3, etc.

ALPA could start by slashing some of those salaries in Herndon, especially those of the secretaries that make more than ALPA negotiated captain salaries, and put those into the PAC, that would be a start. Or maybe Prater could take a cut too, as have most ALPA members over these last couple of years.

Lead by example and all...

ALPA could start by slashing some of those salaries in Herndon, especially those of the secretaries that make more than ALPA negotiated captain salaries, and put those into the PAC, that would be a start. Or maybe Prater could take a cut too, as have most ALPA members over these last couple of years.

Lead by example and all...

I love it!

Oh wait....you were serious!

Ulp!

I thought you were using sarcasm to make a point, but instead it appears you seriously think that slashing the pay of your employees is "leading by example".

We demand better pay and benefits...and more respect from our employers...but when it comes to the people who work for us, we should hammer 'em?

Do you see the problem with that?

Don't be fooled by the bogus numbers you've seen posted on anti-union websites by the shills of the CEO's who need more lucre to satisfy their amoral greed. If an ALPA secretary makes more than you it might be because he/she works for an organization that treats their employees fairly.

Until ALPA does an honest to goodness no bs poll, there will never be any way to truly tell whos "interest" is not being represented.

So far both sides interpret as they see fit, then run around yelling about alpa not representing their interests.

Prater has said that official policy is for keeping the rule as is, but the way he whispers it and puts it in microscopic print and then goes and puts the pragmatism bit in bold and yells it with a bullhorn makes it a little hard to tell sometimes.

Whatever, its clear the FAA doesn't care anyway, its mind is made up.

Getting waivers may or may not happen. These apaad guys are pretty savvy, and Marion's sentiment is with them.

Props to the APA. At least they figured out where they stood, and straight up said so. Even if they are whizzing into the wind, at least the world knows where they stand.

AMEN!

FJ

Rez... with you being so full of solutions, why don't you suggest one? I've told you several times what my solutions were.

Are you saying the BRP is the way to go? Do you think it sends the correct message to airline managements and other government bodies who want to see cabotage, open skies, etc.?

Also, while you're at it, please tell me when and how being pragmatic ever benefited this profession?

Latest resources

Back