• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

From the ALPA Age 60 Website...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Kwick, i think you are the head of the APAAD.

I won't say a name and get censored but your profile showing B727/ B737 looks like a Braniff pilot who got hired by SWA by default when Braniff 2 went belly up just like the founder of APAAD.

You have got to be the biggest scourge on this profession it has ever seen pushing this age 65 crap. I hope you miss the drop dead date, are denied a wavier, and live to be 120 on your social security check after running out of money because you worked at an airline without a retirement plan.

I think you owe all women an apology for comparing a law that extends your career for five years to rape. Maybe you should find a good desk job somewhere, for your own best interest and the flying publics.

First, it's not a law.

Secondly, if you are unable to comprehend why there is opposition to this change, you are displaying the same thought process as Clayton Williams did.

Third, my comments are no reflection on my ability to pilot an aircraft. My point of view is different than yours; if you can't deal with it, perhaps you should find a good desk job somewhere for your own best interest and for the flying public's safety. (A pretty stupid thought process, isn't it?)

Fourth, any change to the retirement age while there are pilots on furlough does NOT extend their career by five years; it merely postpones their return for several years. Don't pi$$ down my back and tell me it's raining.

Fifth, your grammar is comparable to that of a junior high schooler. It is not professional and you owe every English teacher an apology. (You used a similar logic tree; again pretty stupid, eh?)

An apology? Check your testosterone level. It's dangerously low.

And I agree with your profile; you're a butt pirate.

Last edited:
I bet that type of attitude, comparing the age 65 proposal to rape, would get you thrown out of the Academy. Oh! I'm sorry, sensitive subject. Some guys never learn! I haven't been in the office as much as you lately, sorry about the grammar. I think you got the message. With the projected expansion in airline flying over the next few years, everyone will enjoy advancement. They're even talking about a pilot shortage. The sky isn't falling.

Last edited:
I think you owe all attitudes an apology for comparing them to "that type of attitude". Shame on you.

I bet that type of attitude, comparing the age 65 proposal to rape, would get you thrown out of the Academy.

???? Are you an alcoholic? Most of your posts are semi-coherent ramblings.

Oh! I'm sorry, sensitive subject. Some guys never learn!

Yes, you do display a flat learning curve.

I haven't been in the office as much as you lately, sorry about the grammar. I think you got the message.

Your grammar is horrendous. You SHOULD be embarrassed by your lack of attention to detail. Are your flying skills that sloppy?

With the projected expansion in airline flying over the next few years, everyone will enjoy advancement. They're even talking about a pilot shortage. The sky isn't falling.

OMG! You're Kit Darby! Pilot shortage? There hasn't been a US pilot shortage in the last 20 years. Don't even try to sell that garbage here.

Enjoy your 60th birthday. On that day, the nation's skies will be a little bit safer.

Last edited:
Your sophmoric attitude is getting old. Two years flying the line for UAL, and I'm sure, in your mind, you're ready for upgrade and have nothing more to learn. Everyone should get out of the way , because in your mind you deserve it. Grow up, pay your dues, it will come in time. You might work on you're attitude a little, your fellow employees will appreciate it. I think you need to get out from behind that desk and learn your profession. If you can't learn to be a good F/O, you'll never be a good Captain. It sounds like you can "talk-the-talk", or "write-the-write," but you can't "walk-the-walk." You sound like career First-Officer material to me.

Last edited:
Your sophmoric attitude is getting old. Two years flying the line for UAL, and I'm sure, in your mind, you're ready for upgrade and have nothing more to learn. Everyone should get out of the way , because in your mind you deserve it. Grow up, pay your dues, it will come in time. You might work on you're attitude a little, your fellow employees will appreciate it. I think you need to get out from behind that desk and learn your profession. If you can't learn to be a good F/O, you'll never be a good Captain. It sounds like you can "talk-the-talk", or "write-the-write," but you can't "walk-the-walk." You sound like career First-Officer material to me.

I have, sir, paid my dues. I've walked-the-walk. I'm even a grown-up (chronologically speaking).

Judging from your posts, I don't think you understand or appreciate the concern of the junior pilots who are watching the senior folks try to change a rule for purely self-serving reasons...without regard for the impact on the rest of the profession.

If the rule changes there will be consequences. Many of them will not protect or enhance our profession. Stick to that element of the discussion and save the "I Know More Than You Do, Son" stuff for your kids.

Kwick: Your "old guys rule" concept doesn't hold much water when you consider the fact that in order for anybody to fly past 60, they need to be accompanied by a pilot under 60. (That's the real safety component to an issue that is entirely political) My airline has had 3 on-duty heart attacks this year, and it's only April!?

If this rule changes it is going to require an unpredented degree of professionalism on the part of the maginalized FOs. In that regard, it's perhaps good that you are in the left seat. Because it doesn't sound like you'd be able to muster that sort of professionalism.

Latest resources

Back