Friday Afternoon Breaking News- Dallas

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Flopgut said:
Great NASCAR race today. #11 FDX team brought home the win with a rookie driver. Great team effort, great competitors, great victory. You have to admire NASCAR officiating. They don't get it right all the time, but they sure do act out of an abundance of regard for good competition. They want the race to go "clean and green" and the fans to get a great show.

Wonder what it would be like if SWA had a team? I would be concerned for the races at Texas Motor Speedway. I don't think the Dallas political folks would care to much to find out that every car was so stringently required to be the same. That sort of competition is a burden they would like to see spared SWA. So I'm guessing they would award SWA the pole before qualifying by requiring every other team's car to start 50 or so laps down. SWA would get no post race inspection and I'm sure they would not have a pit road speed limit. So the only fans that are going to be excited about this race are the SWA types. But of course they really aren't "fans" cause this aint a "race" when there is no pairity. You would not necessarily have to be a rival to the SWA team to be disgusted, if your a race fan, you would miss the competition.

IMHO, bad race politics in Dallas would not only bad for this race, but for the entire series and for all of NASCAR. It spoils the whole industry so to speak.

This of course, is just a theory.

... besides the question of what our next city is, employees ALWAYS ask why we don't sponsor a Nascar Racer. I don't know about Fedex flopgut... but REAL airlines don't generally like to associate their name with something that crashes at a high speed.

northstar said:
... besides the question of what our next city is, employees ALWAYS ask why we don't sponsor a Nascar Racer. I don't know about Fedex flopgut... but REAL airlines don't generally like to associate their name with something that crashes at a high speed.

WOW,

FEDEX isn't a real airline!!!! Does FEDEX have any real pilots?

AA

TexaSWA said:
Flop, you are in the clear minority here. It is you who is best not to defend your side.

Is that because everyone else responding is SWA. I support Flops arguments and admire the fact that he doesn't even work for AA.

As to why I am not joining in? This subject has been beaten to death. We each seem to have our own views, more specifically we each understand and agree with the argument of our own airline. That is human nature, to protect our OWN best interests.

We could each post numerous articles the represent both sides, much of it being OPINIONS of the selected authors. It is too bad the thread has reduced itself to name calling.

AAflyer

How would you like it if everyone sounded like 32LT10 on this board..:puke:

In summary:

Continental Airlines, Texas Intl' & Braniff = Bad Decisons/Wrong Move (stupid)
Southwest Airlines = SMART!

After all, Southwest Airlines is the home of the SWA/FO and he is really smart!

:pimp:

AAflyer said:
Is that because everyone else responding is SWA. I support Flops arguments and admire the fact that he doesn't even work for AA.

:puke:

No im talking about public opinion on the matter. With the exception of DFW, AA, and a few people in the western Metroplex and Highland Park, the vast majority are for the repeal of Wright. In Texas and in major cities throughout the United States.

So I do not agree with Flopgut that canyonblue is "better off not trying to defend" his airline.

canyonblue said:
As usual we would have to pay full price for all the car parts, entry fees, use of the track while some others would be able to pay only pennies on the dollar. Then some others would say they can't afford their car, so the government would step in and buy them new cars. Sound about right?

You guys would also break and beat the other teams because your racing fuel would be hedged by some pretty sharp cookies. The other cars couldn't finish the race becasue they couldn't afford any more fuel.

TexaSWA said:
No im talking about public opinion on the matter. With the exception of DFW, AA, and a few people in the western Metroplex and Highland Park, the vast majority are for the repeal of Wright. In Texas and in major cities throughout the United States.

So I do not agree with Flopgut that canyonblue is "better off not trying to defend" his airline.

Repeal of the WA? Yes, people seem to be interested in that. Seeing AA forcibly removed from Love? No, people arent going to understand that no matter how much you think they luv you.

AAflyer: Thanks for some support. If everyone here would forget who they work for, just look at this as pilots that understand the flying business, threatening to remove AA from Love and incrementally lifting WA restrictions is abominable. Especially since that has already happened once. The SWA employee support despite this fact is amazing. How exaggerated does favor for your own airline have to go before any of you start to feel uneasy? I dont even have to wonder, its a gift/curse you all have as employees of SWA. I think they look for that quality in each of you as a prime determinate. (they certainly dont waste any time with a sim check, right?) You all probably can live just fine feeling like that, It might actually be a character flaw.

You guys would also break and beat the other teams because your racing fuel would be hedged by some pretty sharp cookies. The other cars couldn't finish the race becasue they couldn't afford any more fuel.

AWESOME baby!!

Flopgut said:
Especially since that has already happened once. The SWA employee support despite this fact is amazing. How exaggerated does favor for your own airline have to go before any of you start to feel uneasy? I dont even have to wonder, its a gift/curse you all have as employees of SWA. I think they look for that quality in each of you as a prime determinate. (they certainly dont waste any time with a sim check, right?) You all probably can live just fine feeling like that, It might actually be a character flaw.

That is where you lost me.

Latest resources

Back