• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Friday Afternoon Breaking News- Dallas

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Southwest kicked Braniff's a$$.... the AA "phantom flights" were a big help too.

There were some sharp people working for both sides/airlines. I have got to believe that each thought that this was the best that they could do. It doesn't result in a best/worst case scenario for either side. I think Flop got it right with it being an acceptable compromise for AA and SWA.

We're doing predictions? Here's one, I'm serious too. SWA and AA will MERGE!

This deal cleanses the Dallas airline palat. Going forward other mergers will force these two, very good airlines to merge.

Flopgut said:
We're doing predictions? Here's one, I'm serious too. SWA and AA will MERGE!

This deal cleanses the Dallas airline palat. Going forward other mergers will force these two, very good airlines to merge.

Man, the AA guys sure won't like being stapled to the bottom.

Just kidding folks, come on...

Flopgut said:
They know the SWA modus operandi. They would have gone to Addison or even Northwest Regional, or maybe even built their own airport.

REally??? Then why hadn't SWA started service there before this agreement? SWA has always known those airports existed....not even a touch and go took place at any of those airports by a SWA aircraft....Are you really serious?

Tejas

Flop,

Herb "had Braniff removed" from Love? I don't think so.

Some historian help me out here. Braniff matched us $ for $ on our routes trying to RUN US OUT OF BUSINESS. Our ad campaign was to give the customer a choice of a something I can't remember or of a fifth of booze. The slogan was something like "noboby is going to run us off for a lousy 5 bucks." We still hold the record for liquor sales in the state of Texas for that.

And a little history for you Flopgut. SWA never HAD to sign to move to DFW because when this was going on SWA wasn't even born yet. All CURRENT Love tennants were forced to sign. Shortly thereafter SWA was born. They asked us to go along and Herb didn't think it was a good idea at the time and he doesn't think it's a good idea now.

Just remember.... The deal has to pass congress by years end to be in effect. I'm certain you'll see continued politicing on both sides until it's inked by Washington. There are several states that are in the process of getting their states exempted. I think they should be allowed to continue their petitions.

Gup

"nobody is going to shoot Southwest Airlines out of the sky for a lousy $13"

- Lamar Muse

huh...the worlds largest airline has employees that worry about what SWA does...me thinks that they should worry more about their own management does (and where they hide the money and how many of them there are).

Latest resources

Back