Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ACT700 said:
Your comment about your company's F/O's having at least 5 years experience:
Now, yes; but what about 5 years ago? These "non-whores" brought all that 500 hours worth of experience to your airline, to go work for poverty wages.
Good basis for future command decisions.
BTW, do these guys meet FAA ATP minimum requirements yet, or will your airline have to get a waiver to be able to upgrade them?

Geeze, this thing is back at top again?

Ok, first, i didnt have time to read your whole post, but i'll address this.

I didnt really agree with the internship program at first. There were maybe 100 total hired throughout our list. So less than 7% of our list were 600+ hour pilots. Some of them had HUGE egos and some were really good pilots.

As far as their time now? Some of them are at companies like Continental (not express), SWA, Jet Blue, Spirit, ATA, AWA, Some went to Delta and furloughed, UAL and USair, also furloughed. Some went Corporate to companies like CAT and some left the industry altogether. Some are still at FLYi as CRJ Capt or in the Bus. Many have multiple type ratings and 121 PIC Tubine. Some are FO's and some are Furloughed. It takes alot less than 5 years to gain ATP mins from 500 hours working at a 121 carrier. Take your head out of your ass.

As far as our pay back then, we made more than what you suggested. Go back and read. We also didnt have to pay 50% for health. And yes, anyone working for CASW under this type of compensation, is a whore.. period.

As far as flying in Ice? We do it all the time. Or havent you guys heard that ACA had bases in BOS, ORD, CVG and IAD. We flew to wonderful places like DTW, GRB, MKE, YYZ, YUL, PWM, BTV, MSN, CID, MDW, and more in those area... etc...

Including J31, no autopilot stuff 8 legs a day in 120 degree cabins with puke, piss and sh't smells all through the cabin.

My point is, we always took a plowed route (or thin) and spray in those conditions.

Once you grind a wheel down to the nub, you will too.

Last edited:
TDTURBO said:
I fly with an operation out of my airport that has the leading most authority in freight flying in Chicago, he flys MU2's and has over 14,000 hrs in type. Hint: His first name is Bill, last starts with M. This guy forgot more about MU2,s and Aztec flying then you will ever know. He is my mentor and has taught me a lot.
Multiple DUI's?
Too many failed checkrides?
Owns the company and is so far in debt he can't get out?

I'm trying to come up with a good excuse for a guy spending 14,000hrs. flying freight in an MU-2?

***PLEASE NOTE*** I did not say anything about flying a non-certified C182 into known icing conditions nor challenge TDTurbo's manhood. Therefore, kindly direct all tirades to my honest question above.

Fly Safe

RJpilot,

See, your last post sounds pretty normal.

factual, to the point and no stupid comments.

I will say this: the conditions in the video are pretty "normal" for night freight winter ops.

May be you didn't get to experience this type of ops. And yes, it can be done safely!

Also, type IV fluid is really not effective on piston-popper twins.

HMR said:
Multiple DUI's?
Too many failed checkrides?
Owns the company and is so far in debt he can't get out?

I'm trying to come up with a good excuse for a guy spending 14,000hrs. flying freight in an MU-2?

***PLEASE NOTE*** I did not say anything about flying a non-certified C182 into known icing conditions nor challenge TDTurbo's manhood. Therefore, kindly direct all tirades to my honest question above.

Fly Safe

HMMMMMMMM.....It seem you are one of the uninformed, everybody who is anybody in aviation knows who I am talking about.

DUI's, please.:rolleyes:

He does quite well owning a freight hauling business and is well respected throughout the country and is beyond reproach, especially by sacless faggots that never saw ice before. Many people on this board know him so I won't dignify further rheotoric with any more flaim bait.

BTW McFly, he was with me on our ice trip being his idea, I would love avroach or anyone else to chime in so I could show this thread to him to wittness a puke fest of laughter from all the sunshine fags that never saw black ice or snow. Man do people on this board have a lot to learn about ops in the midwest. If you don't have the skill than by all means, stay within your limitations, don't push them either, god knows you might learn something.

Please HMR, I am not impressed with your 1hr of experience 2000 times, being a CFI means nothing to me except you have much to learn as we all do. Just don't think for a minute that your 3000 hrs is worth 1100hrs flying around the western hemisphere in a single over Cuba in a storm only to have to continue to a DME approach at an airport in the middle of nowhere with no option but get the job done while the feild was at minimums without radar coverage. What are you going to do, turn around and fly over Cuba without a pre-approved overflight permit? Land in hostile wx down to minimums, or try to make it around Cuba back to KEYW without runing out of gas? Then proceed across several hundred miles of open ocean to Costa Rica and back to Chicago. I have flown ever Island in the Carrabien, flown every state in the US exept Canada. I think my 1100+ hrs is no comparison to your 1hr 2000 times with maybe most of the other flying you have done being SIC, something you ought to be used to being a CF nothing. My flight experience doesn't even compare to yours, and am I glad for that. I would be afraid to taxi in winds exceeding the demonstrated crosswind for my airplane if I fly for half the transtesticles on this site. Leave the real flying to those that do it every day in conditions that are clearly beyond your abilities.

Last edited:
Lying huh? Then ask me a detailed question about ops getting into any foreign or domestic ATA's that you have a problem with. Not only do I fly these routes several times a year, I do them all year, winter, spring, summer and fall. I forgot more than you'll ever know about single engine ops in foreign countries as well as how to safetly handle icing forcasts by being able to understand them enough to make a safe go no go. I know you are pulling a bluff, everything i have said has been checked out by numerous pilots before you and I have little to prove to you exept that you are in dire need of more freight experience and maybe a ****
Spelling a 3 A.M. in the morning while laying on your back on a laptop in bed?

Spare me Felix, go find a gum wrapper and Cigar to pick up instead of the McDonalds job you will soon envy/

Last edited by a moderator:
TDTURBO said:
Aren't the 6th graders a little much for you? I thout the 3rd graders would be a better fight.

Yeah, i used that line in the 6th grade too. Whats next, "My daddy can beat up yours"?

Hey dont take it out on us if you've only gained 1100+ (cant forget that plus now) since Class D's were ATA's. Do you still call it TCA too? Please tell me you do.

BTW, It said 6th "period".

Geeze, doesnt anyone know how to read anymore?

RJPilott said:
As far as our pay back then, we made more than what you suggested. Go back and read. We also didnt have to pay 50% for health. And yes, anyone working for CASW under this type of compensation, is a whore.. period.

Including J31, no autopilot stuff 8 legs a day in 120 degree cabins with puke, piss and sh't smells all through the cabin.

No autopilot, multiple legs, 120 degree cabins, planes full of piss (literally), equipment dating back to the stone age, unlike fancy shmancy stuff you've got...hmm...sounds a wee bit familiar too us. We do this everyday.

We may be temporary "whores" as you say, but you'll always be a pu$$y. Get over yourself.

Latest resources

Back