• Watchers 16

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A350 said:
A Mesa F/O who calls a fellow pilot who works for Freedom a scab is even dumber than the ones who came up with calling original Freedom pilots scabs.
A350

Then what was the original Freedom Pilots Called? And why should he have gotten fired? I hear smart sh$t on the radio all the time. Sounds like he hit a spot with that lame arse captain.
This FO should take Legal Action. Well maybe not, AWA is hiring!

Captain X said:
I never knew Mesa formed a STRIKE picket line that was crossed.

Oh, you haven't heard...

You see that is no longer required. In today's new world of kids flying airplanes this is not needed. A scab doesn't have to cross a picket line anymore. Heck, there doesn't even have to be a picket line !!

Sorry, I just noticed that you're having the same problem I was a while back and thought I'd explain it to you. :D

Management could easily make the case that this f/o broke the sterile cockpit rule. Sounds silly, but now they have an FAR and the FAA to back them up legally. At any rate it was unprofessional...

At purple, we had a guy get busted for not using his oxygen when the other guy left for the lav. Management only found out about it because something else happened on the flight 4 hours LATER and they listened to the entire CVR. Of course the o2 thing was unrelated- but it didn't matter.

I try not to say anything inside the cockpit, or on the radio, that I wouldn't want the CP to hear.

Bean:

Well, if this is true, then I guess Mesa management has "had" it with these snide remarks and less than professional attitudes from its own employees. Maybe this pilot had history? It usually isn't just one thing that gets you the boot.

I have said this plenty of times. Without the Freedom certificate, many Mesa pilots would have gotten the boot through furloughs and downgrades. All the EMB flying would have disappeared when USAirways crapcanned them for AWAC. ALPA will never admit it as they are still trying to place blame for the Mesa mess on someone.

ALPA better help this pilot get his job back, as they started this "scab" crap and now it is totally out of control. First it was the original Freedom guys, now it is the G0Jets guys, hell the MDA pilots are even calling some of their own scabs who went to Republic.

I must tell you that when you speak of such things with such terms, it only shows your ignorance to the term and the fact that ALPA sanctioned such behavior only enhances their culpability in this mess we call an industry. There can never be unity in this business between pilot goups when we have the leadership we currently have.

A350

Does Mesa have a probationary period (assuming "yes")? ALPA can't do much for the F/O if he was on probation -- presumably he broke several rules and policies (sterile cockpit, etc.). And worst of all, he got caught.

The tires would have been the way to go, for sure -- if he could have had someone else do it for him. 'Cause who knows? There might be surveillance cameras in the parking lot.

FedEx1 said:
Management could easily make the case that this f/o broke the sterile cockpit rule. Sounds silly, but now they have an FAR and the FAA to back them up legally. At any rate it was unprofessional

What the hell does talking on a radio have anything to do with Sterile Cockpit! The guy clicked on "Said Scab" so what! You call him into chief pilots office question him about it, and tell him please don't do it again. Is it unprofessional? Yes! Is it terms for getting fired? Hell No!
The Mesa pilot Group should be banging on the door and trying to help this guy out. Jeez, you that scared of JO!!!

I wondored if you guys had a Alpa MEC..doesnt sound like it...that sucks. U pay your dues..and get shafted..nice.

thatsux said:
Here's the gist of the story.
Freedom flight in front of a Mesa on the ground. Mesa F/O thinks he hears his buddy who was forced to fly on the Freedom side. Mesa F/O says on the radio while on the ground "Scab". No reply. Freedom flight is now well airborne, Mesa F/O says again "Scab" the Freedom flight fires back "Hope you're happy you losers, we have all your flight information!"

The Captain of the Freedom flight, puts on his best stompin high heels and fires off emails to everyone from top to bottom, and cries his ass off to the Freedom CP saying that the Mesa F/O had created a "hostile work enviroment". And Being a scab isn't creating a hostile work enviroment?

Freedom CP puts in for a suspension/termination of Mesa F/O. Three weeks later, the F/O who had a perfectly clean work record, who had admitted to the story and explained himself was fired.

So this is what Mesa's ALPA MEC has come to? Letting a scab captain and a scab chief pilot tell them what to do?

Considering Mesa is now a Major Airline, would that make Freedom a regional airline? So a Regional CP just got a Major Airline F/O fired?

i just had to repond..i've heard of guys doing things a lot worse..and im sure most of you have..and they kept they're jobs..

climbhappy said:
scab or no scab.....using a freq to make smart remarks gave MGT all the rope they needed to can him. It was misconduct. For crying out loud, why didn't he slit the guy's tires in the parking lot, or key his paint job?

superrav said:
i just had to repond..i've heard of guys doing things a lot worse..and im sure most of you have..and they kept they're jobs..

In this case however it was not the act itself that cost him his job, it was the combination of the act and environment in which he performed the act that got him the boot.

For example... Before 9/11 you could pour baking soda in an envelope and mail it to your friend marked "Bio Hazard" as a joke. Now that would get you a few days of interrogation by the FBI.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back