• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Freedom ATL base CLOSED

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I can't believe this has not been throw out yet. The reason ATL is closing is simple.
Facts:
- ATL has been downsizing in the recent months. DL is realigning thier RJ feed and placing ERJ's in JFK and ATL. (some CVG through a IAD base)
- CRJ-900's comming online and DL probably realizes the gate infastructure in JFK will not support as many as they intended.
- Freedom probably has been asked to have an ATL base for the 900's. If the ERJ downsizes, pilots may displace to the CRJ costing the company in training events and lower productivity.

Cosing the base first gives the pilots no choice to transition to CRJ.
Antother management tactic to save money.
You have been MESA'd

Say what you will, I have said in past threads, being forced out of a way of life, moreover being forced to commute just sux. At least I am dumb enough to do it by choice. All I can say is Good Luck, and hopefully this will make you guys raise the bar.

Say what you will, I have said in past threads, being forced out of a way of life, moreover being forced to commute just sux. At least I am dumb enough to do it by choice. All I can say is Good Luck, and hopefully this will make you guys raise the bar.

But I am not holding my breath

Sooner or later, DL will come to their senses and give you the boot from MCO and Comair will be back to our southern home to clean up the mess. Don't get too comfortable!

doubt it! it looks like we have increased lines here in mco. we are using gate 72 a lot. but my guess is that the 900s are going to JFK and the erjs will eventually make its way back to atl or just pile up in MCO. but who knows with this company???

Is Mesa really as bad as everyone says?

If so, can they survive, and how are they keeping, or attracting, pilots these days? Sounds like a terrible place to work from what I hear.

Latest resources

Back