FREE Training at TAB Express???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Fraud, scam and bad faith

My only horse in this race is I had a student who went the TAB route after I suggested he go with ALLATPS. A FULL year later he is still private-multi-intrument and talking to me about how the TAB airline is coming up as empty promises. He's many 10's of thousands in debt and still hasn't finished their program. It's not for his lack of effort, that is certain. TAB is a scam, I can say that because I have watched a really good guy get taken for a lot of money and all he did was believe what he was told by their marketing people.
(emphasis added) Have an answer for that, jppt2000?

That's exactly my point about P-F-T having fraud and scam potential. Undoubtedly Flyby's friend took TAB's marketing representations in good faith - and look where it led him. I'm sorry to hear that it happened and I hope he can find legal relief.

For that matter, search some of the RAA threads to learn more about P-F-T breach and bad faith.

Last edited:
flyby said:
This might be just one guy talking but I don't see how, if you regularly read this site, you could say bobbysamd "constantly rants about the system being unfair to him....". He has an opinion on PFT and voices it regularly. You have to dig deep to find his own personal experience in the industry. I still don't see how you connect his suggestion of age discrimination with his admonition of PFT. It's not like he blames PFT for not being in an airliner now. You wanna talk about PFT, or do you want to throw stones at a guy who took a shot at an airline career but didn't 'make it'? What is your argument? What is 'making it' anyway?

My only horse in this race is I had a student who went the TAB route after I suggested he go with ALLATPS. A FULL year later he is still private-multi-intrument and talking to me about how the TAB airline is coming up as empty promises. He's many 10's of thousands in debt and still hasn't finished their program. It's not for his lack of effort, that is certain. TAB is a scam, I can say that because I have watched a really good guy get taken for a lot of money and all he did was believe what he was told by their marketing people.

cheers

I find it funny that someone who didn't accomplish his goals would be so
dead against PFT. Is there is something wrong with that statement?
Yes, I agree with both you and Booby that its "buyer beware" when it comes to PFT outfits.
On the other hand, I've met numerous success stories who went through PFT courses.
I just had to respond to BoobyD the self proclaimed expert on how people should pursue a job in aviation.
Booby says he thinks PFT is groveling for a job, good for him. When someone who logs on to this board looking for PFT advice, it is all negative.
What I should have said at the very beginning of this exchange is;
When PFT advice is offered, consider the source(s).
Bye!

Oh yeah,
Cheers!

Aviation career experts

jppt2000 said:
I just had to respond to BoobyD the self proclaimed expert on how people should pursue a job in aviation.
I never said that. You just did. Should I take that to be a coronation of sorts? :rolleyes:
When PFT advice is offered, consider the source(s).
That is very sound advice. Cheers to you, too, buddy.

bobbysamd said:
No, I could not have gone to Mesa. I was rejected. There. Prove to me that I wouldn't have been fleeced of P-F-T fees. It strikes me as being a foolish and stupid thing to pay for employment that is not guaranteed. Once more, the word is f-r-a-u-d. One's chances are better in Vegas.No one is forcing you to read anything. I'm happy to read your opinions, though, and I would love to hear your story of success - and so would others who might be contemplating a career change to professional aviation. As I have said repeatedly (maybe you've missed it), I write only about my experiences and those of people I know. Once more, disprove me. I'm waiting . . . . . :rolleyes: Did I throw more tomatoes just now?

And, thanks again for your kind words earlier. :)

You want proof? And guarantees, of course.
How about Comair (all through the 90's)?
ASA (all through the 90's)?, Eagle(90's), just to name a few
Nothing guaranteed at those outfits!
If you didn't pass the checkride, you were out out the door.
BoobyD and Flyby nothing in this world is guaranteed, PFT folks are offered the chance to show ability to learn.

P F T

jppt2000 said:
You want proof? And guarantees, of course.
How about Comair (all through the 90's)?
Comair did away with its P-F-T program - interesting . . . .
ASA (all through the 90's)?, Eagle(90's), just to name a few
Nothing guaranteed at those outfits!
If you didn't pass the checkride, you were out out the door.
. . . and out the money as well - as opposed to non-P-F-T outfits from which you were just out the door. Don't forget about PRIA hits. That's something else you pay for.
BoobyD and Flyby nothing in this world is guaranteed, PFT folks are offered the chance to show ability to learn.
. . . for which they pay. Look at flyby's student. He paid for his chance to show his ability to learn. What TAB has done with him is unconscionable and reprehensible.

Not my cup of tea to pay for a job.

Finally,

Can't buy me love, love
Can't buy me love

I'll buy you a diamond ring my friend
If it makes you feel all right
I'll get you anything my friend
'Cause I don't care too much for money
For money can't buy me love

I'll give you all I've got to give
If you say you love me too
I may not have a lot to give
but what I've got I'll give to you
For I don't care too much for money

--Beatles, 1964. But it can buy you a job when you can't get it for free.

For someone who claims to have read my posts so carefully, you would know that I had four interviews and a cattle call.

Once more, it's impossible to have an intelligent discussion with someone like this person. Better make your last shot a good one because I won't be responding.

Last edited:
bobbysamd said:
No, I could not have gone to Mesa. I was rejected. There. Prove to me that I wouldn't have been fleeced of P-F-T fees. It strikes me as being a foolish and stupid thing to pay for employment that is not guaranteed. Once more, the word is f-r-a-u-d. One's chances are better in Vegas.No one is forcing you to read anything. I'm happy to read your opinions, though, and I would love to hear your story of success - and so would others who might be contemplating a career change to professional aviation. As I have said repeatedly (maybe you've missed it), I write only about my experiences and those of people I know. Once more, disprove me. I'm waiting . . . . . :rolleyes: Did I throw more tomatoes just now?

And, thanks again for your kind words earlier. :)

BoobyD,
Was Mesa the only outfit? Everyone gets shot down in interviews.
I got shot down by COEX, Comair, both of them PFT outfits. I didn't just stop there.
I also didn't start ranting about the perils and evils of PFT, I did go out and pursue other companies.

bobbysamd said:
. . . for which they pay. No one should pay for a chance.

Not my cup of tea to pay for a job.

Finally,

Can't buy me love, love
Can't buy me love

I'll buy you a diamond ring my friend
I'll get you anything my friend
'Cause I don't care too much for money

I'll give you all I've got to give
If you say you love me too
I may not have a lot to give
but what I've got I'll give to you
For I don't care too much for money

--Beatles, 1964. But it can buy you a job, when you can't get it for free.

Once more, it's impossible to have an intelligent discussion with someone like this person. Better make your last shot a good one because I won't be responding.

Tough love,
BoobyD, you needed some.
When life gives you tomatoes, make tomato sauce, don't throw them.

bobbysamd said:
Define "tomato-throwing." Or, read other threads on this board, e.g. some of the RJDC discussions, anti-Mesa, and union v. scab threads. If I am throwing tomatoes, as you allege, there are others who throw insults, barbs, digs and outright vulgarisms - all of which are far more vicious and vituperative than what I write.Before reading this, I did not think you have the capacity to say anything that is complimentary, as opposed to your demonstrated ability to say things that are derogatory. Accordingly, I'll take it in the spirit in which, I think, it was intended. Unless you, again, do not feel that I understand the intent of your comment.In 1990-'91, P-F-T was starting up. So were some of the pay-for-interview schemes, such as Mesa's ATP program. By that time I had the credentials to merit interviews. I had some, and I'm happy to speak freely about my experiences, as best as I can remember. But others were getting interviews from places where I heard nothing. Although my evidence is anecdotal, I am sure I know why.
dam man you must have been a professor or something!!! What the he!! is a guy who writes intelligently as you doing in an airplane? Most of the info I have seen from upper mang. can't hold a candle to the sentence and grammer structure you use...I'm not givin' you any $hit really I'm not. Just impressed...

You weren't giving me sh!t at at all; it was quite the opposite . . . .

paid4training said:
dam man you must have been a professor or something!!! What the he!! is a guy who writes intelligently as you doing in an airplane?
Well, that's just it. I'm not, and have not for eleven and a half years now.
Most of the info I have seen from upper mang. can't hold a candle to the sentence and grammer structure you use...I'm not givin' you any $hit really I'm not. Just impressed...
I appreciate it. Further underscoring my feelings about how so many managers and their H.R. lackeys are morons.

I do love to write. Maybe that's one reason why I'm on here so much. I try to present my points logically and clearly, and when possible, with documentation to back up my points. I have learned over the years that it's one thing to have opinions and to make assertions, but neither means anything if you do not have proof to back them up. I enjoy writing about my experiences in hopes that others might learn from them. I also have ($0.02) opinions and am not in any way afraid to express them - or to receive feedback for them.

Thanks again. I appreciate it.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back