Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
mrnolmts said:
You *are* kidding, right?
I'm starting to wonder if you are in management in some way, shape or form if you are serious making a statement like that.
With that said, since I am not in the Comair's pilots shoes, I will not urge them to vote one way or the other, since I have nothing to lose in this. Hope it works out for you guys!

Dead serious my man. Do you even know what the average salary for an american is in this country? If you really want to get rich you will never get rich working for someone else. Fact is for what we do we are pretty well compensated. Especially if you have a 2 income household. Management? No however I use common sense for my thinking. I dont use the typical chest pounding hold the line blah blah BS. I know how to think for myself. Maybe some union thug will beat me up now that i said that.

imacdog said:
So Comair accounts for 100 million out of how many Billions that Delta loses per year?

Yeah, $100M may not sound like much, but when you consider the fact that it is a $100M loss on only approximately 5% of the System ASMs, it becomes quite significant. Add in the fact that DAL is still responsible for many other costs associated with the operation that CMR never sees and that much of the losses DAL has posted includes Billions on right downs of ASA/CMR and RJs and you might start to get the picture. It is not only $100M of red ink significant for only 5% of the operation, but a whole lot more associated with DCI.

You're saying that flying the RJ is the main reason Delta is in trouble now?

No, but DAL's over exposure to the RJ market and it's squandering of billions in just the last 6 years on an aircraft that are rapidly approaching obsolesence in less than a decade undoubtedly has contributed significantly to our problems.

Just wondering why you love to show how the regional carriers lose money for Delta when it is doing a pretty good job of that by itself.

You won't find me apologizing or defending the poor marketing strategies of DAL management over the last few years.

Berry McCockner said:
You guys voted yes last time. Did you get the bigger, badder E170/190. No you got nothing. Now they want more. The big D just want to lower your cost so they can sell you. Don't listen to D'angelo, he has no balls to stand up for what he deserves. (nice picture, are you gay?). Cmair fought long and hard for this contract, don't give it up

Hey now it's the Q400!

C'mon dudes, this D'Angelo guy isn't for real. He is just stating every vile personality trait he can muster just to get you upset.

Anyone who would truly exhibit his traits would be in for a terrible reckoning in his life. Not being religious or voodooish, just realistic about the way we behave affects us in the long run. That kind of insane selfishness will lead one to calamity.

Again, the guy is just joshin. If he isn't, feel sorry for him.

As a former Comair guy, I wish you all the very best. I just left this past month and you will all be sorely missed. You are truly one classy and professional bunch of aviators.

Kugelblitz said:
C'mon dudes, this D'Angelo guy isn't for real. He is just stating every vile personality trait he can muster just to get you upset.

Anyone who would truly exhibit his traits would be in for a terrible reckoning in his life. Not being religious or voodooish, just realistic about the way we behave affects us in the long run. That kind of insane selfishness will lead one to calamity.

Again, the guy is just joshin. If he isn't, feel sorry for him.

As a former Comair guy, I wish you all the very best. I just left this past month and you will all be sorely missed. You are truly one classy and professional bunch of aviators.

Not selfish. Just looking out for me and my family. How is that selfish? If I want to use open time to treat my lady to the vacation she deserves then so be it! I have no regrets. This is truly who I am and I dont regret it one bit. I heard a funny joke the other day. Whats the difference between a pilot and the airplane he flies? At least the plane stops whining at the gate! Its true pilots tend to be a bunch of whiners. They always find something to complain about no matter what

FlyHIToo said:
......They pass the increase in fuel along to their customers. Untill the airlines start doing this by raising the price of the tickets.........

Why bother as long as it's so easy to just pass it along to their employees?

D'Angelo said:
Not selfish. Just looking out for me and my family. How is that selfish? If I want to use open time to treat my lady to the vacation she deserves then so be it! I have no regrets. This is truly who I am and I dont regret it one bit. I heard a funny joke the other day. Whats the difference between a pilot and the airplane he flies? At least the plane stops whining at the gate! Its true pilots tend to be a bunch of whiners. They always find something to complain about no matter what

This must be FAST FREDDY himself.

What an IDIOT!

No he didn't go to Riddle, you get a better education than that at Riddle

701EV

Did that letter really mention Mesaba and a no furlough clause or did I read it wrong? Mesaba has never had a no furlough clause.

D'Angelo,

Read DiverDrivers post at the beginning of this thread. Let me add this to it.

You talk of picking up a little open time to make up the difference. Won't happen. We at AWAC went through this EXACT scenario in 2003, same promises, same everything. We agreed to this ourselves, but when the time comes that you try to pick up that time, it mysteriously disappears. Later, your union finds out that CS is assigning this open flying to reserves, but then they will be more than happy to JM you. Sounds great, time and a half, but now that dinner you planned with 'your lady' gets cancelled because you are doing an unplanned overnight in another podunk town.

Take the blinders off. Several other posters have it right. They'll come back for more. We AWAC pilots are fighting for our old contract back, since their was no long term contract in place to trigger the concessions. And now they (management) has come to us with "If you'll drop the arbitration and accept a B SCALE(unbelievable, huh?!), we'll continue to pursue the RFP with NW. See, give a little and it never ends.

To our brothers at Mesaba and Pinnacle, we will NOT accept this insulting proposal from our Management. I'd rather not do that flying rather than have growth based on false promises.

Rekks

Latest resources

Back