• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Fracional Holiday Policy?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
NetJets seems to be handing out Extended Days like christmas cards this season. Merry Christmas D-Bags who accept!

NetJets seems to be handing out Extended Days like christmas cards this season. Merry Christmas D-Bags who accept!

Most offered were on days where sell offs were already booked due to peak demand. How would forcing more sell offs lead to recall? Remember, it's not the number of sell offs that trigger recall. It's number of sell off days, whether it's one jet or 150 jets in any given day.

We just eliminated 30 Ultras last month. Displacement bids are filling training slots and will take time (4-6 months). Many pilots will sit for months before they go to initial. While we start taking deliveries of new jets this year, they are replacement jets for the most part. Growth will be minimal until next year when new types enter our fleet. That is the only thing that will generate the need for more pilots.

It appears the new management team has turned the corner. RTS hired way too many pilots as a result of the shortfall we realized when Marquis took off and sales were unlimited. Operational costs weren't even a consideration then, including paying lots of extra pilots. That's the reality, as much as it sucks. Long term viability with profits from sales AND ops will provide far more stability for the long term.

The voluntary measures saved a heck of a lot more than refusing a few dozen extended days, and they didn't work. Some believe it saved 495 jobs for a year, but I don't agree. Sokol didn't either, obviously. Don't get me wrong. I'm all for doing what I can to promote recalls, including no extending. I'm also for keeing our customers on QS tail numbers. Forcing sell offs doesn't help that goal as much as some think. Besides, the sell offs occur for very few days/year due to a shortage of jets for those few days, not a shortage of pilots.

Last edited:

Yep, hundreds of extended days. I probably get a request every other day to extend, can't keep them all straight. :rolleyes:

Again, Jack you don't know what you are talking about.

Latest resources

Back