• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Fortune magazine article on Sokal

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We have recently changed our phone setup so not sure if that may be the reason some calls go into "black holes" and never get answered. I would say 99% of calls get answered within 2 minutes if routed correctly and tail number entered correctly. Would like to know more about the mistakes we're making, as this can make for better service in the future. We try not to be rude, but everyone has bad days now and again.

Para continuar en español, marque numero dos.

Gets me thru real fast, FWIW

I am just wondering why I would ever want to talk to a scheduler...

And i am not sure I want other pilots talking to the schedulers and whining ... therefore getting their work pawned off onto me....

Its much better to talk directly to the source than a go between. I actually liked the schedulers at the other places I have worked. I don't actually know any schedulers here but I don't have the warm and fuzzy I had at other companies. Maybe if I had a chance to talk directly to them when they needed an ASAP or had a major change in my schedule I would understand them more than I currently do.

No biggy though because I'm sure this will never happen. Unfortunately.

Are you reading what I say? The pilots should talk directly to scheduling. Thats the professional way to handle crew scheduling.

Thats my opinion. Is this a free country?
I'm going out on a limb here, but I think he was throwing out a backhanded reference to the bean counter running the circus in CMH. Take a deep breath

Raj needs to take a deep breath and hold it for about 9 minutes. If he can't understand an inside joke about hiring new employees then maybe he isn't at NJA at all.

Were NJA pilots allowed to talk directly to the schedulers before the alleged paypal incidents where A-teamers were supposedly paying scheduling for good trips and to have work days at home and off days at work for extended day pay? If they were, I would guess this may be the reason we are no longer able to get a direct line with them.

I have to wave the BS flag. When you call in fatigued, you are shut down, sent to the hotel, and granted 14 hours rest-minimum-per the CBA. Who was this "representative"? The correct term is SOD, and you would know that if you truely worked at NJA. Or are you just trying to spread more "stuff" about the company and its employees?

That is not correct. You guys need to read your contract...28.5(F)(1)(a)

If you call in fatigued, you can still travel on an airline, taxi, sedan, ferry, or if your partner isn't fatigued you can even take a rental if (s)he drives.

Raj,

You are full of it when it comes to the fatigue call and show of duty. You will get a minimum of 14 hours of rest commencing with your shutdown of the previous duty period. So if you call in fatigued at 1200, but don't get shut down until 1600, you can NOT show until 0600 the next day, and if you think you need more rest you tell the ACP and you get more. If you get any pushback, call the SOD and take the rest you need to do your job safely.

This section of the contract is black and white, and VERY EASY to understand. Try reading your CBA and you won't look like such a fool in public.

That is not correct. You guys need to read your contract...28.5(F)(1)(a)

If you call in fatigued, you can still travel on an airline, taxi, sedan, ferry, or if your partner isn't fatigued you can even take a rental if (s)he drives.

Raj,

You are full of it when it comes to the fatigue call and show of duty. You will get a minimum of 14 hours of rest commencing with your shutdown of the previous duty period. So if you call in fatigued at 1200, but don't get shut down until 1600, you can NOT show until 0600 the next day, and if you think you need more rest you tell the ACP and you get more. If you get any pushback, call the SOD and take the rest you need to do your job safely.

This section of the contract is black and white, and VERY EASY to understand. Try reading your CBA and you won't look like such a fool in public.

Sounds like you need to go back and train the stewards then because that is where both of us got that information from. We were told by the steward that our 14 hours of rest starts when we made the phone call.

Be careful who you are calling a FOOL.

Were NJA pilots allowed to talk directly to the schedulers before the alleged paypal incidents where A-teamers were supposedly paying scheduling for good trips and to have work days at home and off days at work for extended day pay? If they were, I would guess this may be the reason we are no longer able to get a direct line with them.

That stuff is happening right now. I don't see a difference.

Also why would we have to hire more schedulers? We have plenty of FM's and middle management that would make great schedulers?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back