• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Fortune magazine article on Sokal

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Are you guys also having trouble with CMH not answering phones, making mistakes, being rude, etc etc ???

It appears to have gotten worse in the last few months.

Did DS cut too many FM's considering what they do now? They basically do everything in CMH now outside of maintenance and dispatch.

Bottom line is that pilots should talk directly to scheduling. We should not have to use a go between. We can have a professional conversation with scheduling. I think it would actually help morale on both sides.

Bottom line is that pilots should talk directly to scheduling. We should not have to use a go between. We can have a professional conversation with scheduling. I think it would actually help morale on both sides.

WE did. We had a great relationship with our ops center. Talk to skeds, talk to dispatch, talk to travel. Whatever was needed to take care of the customer, the company, the jet, and the crew. Mores the pity of what's happening right now. I DREAD the day we flip the switch to CMH.

WE did. We had a great relationship with our ops center. Talk to skeds, talk to dispatch, talk to travel. Whatever was needed to take care of the customer, the company, the jet, and the crew. Mores the pity of what's happening right now. I DREAD the day we flip the switch to CMH.

I hear ya man. Every other place I worked in aviation the pilots talked directly to scheduling. I don't see a need for a "Go Between".

Why would we discuss that here on Flight Info? Somewhat boring for people not involved.

But I never call Columbus. General Message is my primary means of communications... and only use voice to call in to MX for MELs.

If they don't answer the general message then what?

Are you guys also having trouble with CMH not answering phones, making mistakes, being rude, etc etc ???

It appears to have gotten worse in the last few months.

Did DS cut too many FM's considering what they do now? They basically do everything in CMH now outside of maintenance and dispatch.

We have recently changed our phone setup so not sure if that may be the reason some calls go into "black holes" and never get answered. I would say 99% of calls get answered within 2 minutes if routed correctly and tail number entered correctly. Would like to know more about the mistakes we're making, as this can make for better service in the future. We try not to be rude, but everyone has bad days now and again.

Scheduling cannot take the sort of call volume we do in a day and be expected to do their job.

We have recently changed our phone setup so not sure if that may be the reason some calls go into "black holes" and never get answered. I would say 99% of calls get answered within 2 minutes if routed correctly and tail number entered correctly. Would like to know more about the mistakes we're making, as this can make for better service in the future. We try not to be rude, but everyone has bad days now and again.

Scheduling cannot take the sort of call volume we do in a day and be expected to do their job.

There may be some truth to this. I notice sometimes if I hang up and call right back I get right through.

Have more schedulers and let us talk to them. Thats my 2 cents.

There may be some truth to this. I notice sometimes if I hang up and call right back I get right through.

Have more schedulers and let us talk to them. Thats my 2 cents.

Come on man. "There isn't a 125% need" for new schedulers yet.

Come on man. "There isn't a 125% need" for new schedulers yet.

Are you reading what I say? The pilots should talk directly to scheduling. Thats the professional way to handle crew scheduling.

Thats my opinion. Is this a free country?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back