• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Fortune magazine article on Sokal

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wish and hope more think like you Grizz......I don't advocate anyone take an unneccesary pay cut. (I was always on the 18 for $$ reasons).....But if someone doesn't work it for our sake then that is great.

Only time will tell how many guys push it too hard for the sake of the mother country. Personally I would be setting a very strict limit on the # of 14 hr duty days I'd be willing to do. Even when things were rosy I had a limit. Usually one 14 hr. day-if followed by min resty or very short rest-then the next day would be a guaranteed short day for me...If I had adequate rest I may do another long day, but then that was it until I felt I had an appropriate night to rest or to do whatever. (a little me time).

Extended days are a no brainer. I think PW can tell you our feelings on them. (no matter how he thinks he is justifying them). Any pilot who volunteers for an extended day is no friend or "family" member of mine and will be treated appropriately...... like the dirt bag they are.

Grizz - The extended days are what I was referring to with my OT comments. Its good that pilots are still calling in fatigued when they are too tired to be safe. That is a great resource that should never be abused, but used when truly needed.
Its great that you are not bidding for the 18 day schedule. Thank you! There seem to be a lot that agree with you on the voluntary extended days, but there are a lot of pilots on the 18 day schedule. I won't quote stats on this board, but its very easy to find out if you have access to the information.

What's the point of the company keeping you on duty after you say you are fatigued, raj? You obviously aren't going to be going anywhere.

I guess you edited your post.

As to the 18 Day and folks not bidding it, I don't know how that's shaping up. Just for me - I know I'm not bidding it or taking any voluntary extended days while we have pilots on furlough.

You're the man Grizz. Thank you.

What's the point of the company keeping you on duty after you say you are fatigued, raj? You obviously aren't going to be going anywhere.

I guess you edited your post.

Thats new to me as of tonight. They kept us on duty for an additional 5 hours. We called our representation and they said it was legal.

In fact your 14 hours off starts as of the time you called cmh land. So if you called in fatigued at 5pm eastern and they keep you on duty until 10 pm they can actually still show you at 7am.

????? I don't get it but this is what I expect now a days.

They want to play that game, then I would fatigue the next morning when I woke up as well.

They want to play that game, then I would fatigue the next morning when I woke up as well.

The problem is that most of us are paying around 2G a year for representation and nothing is being done to fix this stuff.

This equates to over 4 million dollars a year. Where is all this money going considering the lack of service we are receiving lately?

Last edited:
Extended days are a no brainer. I think PW can tell you our feelings on them. (no matter how he thinks he is justifying them). Any pilot who volunteers for an extended day is no friend or "family" member of mine and will be treated appropriately...... like the dirt bag they are.

I think the character of Bill Lumburg in Office Space was based on PW. The producers said "So Who's the biggest D-Bag alive? Cue "Pad your wallet and help the company" PW!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back