Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Former Tranny bidding SW Captain prior to 2015?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
2. You can't sue ALPA National with any success, because the National advisors present specifically suggested that it should have been sent to the pilot group for vote, but knew the MEC had the right not to do so. This is all part of the record, available to any ALPA member in good standing who wants the meeting minutes. Since ALPA National suggested that it go to vote and they followed ALPA policy, they pretty much are insulated from any lawsuit.

Wow. I had forgotten that part of the discussion.

You are right on the other accounts. Any lawsuit against the MEC or National is not going to work out well. The only one that really got any traction is the TWA lawsuit. Very similiar to this, it was a travesty the way it went down.

The golden rule is how you treat others on the line, which is the way I will conduct myself. Otherwise, business is just business. Very simple.

The golden rule and negotiations are two different animals. If you chose to ignore that fact, then you are being a little foolish.

Just out of curiosity, what's actually going on in this deal now? We can all postulate for years on this thread, and everyone knows that bitching on this forum amounts to absolutely nothing.

PCL and Lear--you're union guys, right? Watching everyone yap at each other here has run its entertainment value already, so I'm wondering if anyone has actually done anything concrete. Anything official. Has the Airtran union approached the company yet or filed an actual grievance yet? If so, what are you actually grieving and/or asking for? Also, do you have any idea of the timeframe of action?

Bubba

That's all we are doing at this point. Tasking our legal department to see if there is any recourse. No different than the exploitation SWA has choosen.

That is the exact thing that I would expect SWAPA to do. Don't use my term "exploitation" as a dirty word. When I said exploitation, I was referring to sticking to the language not some interpretation of what was or might have been said over the past 18 months.

Last edited:
Point taken.

AirTran guys aren't trying to pi$$ off any of our SWA brethren, this isn't about that, just trying to explain why the push for something to compensate for the huge hit to the SIA and the expectations of our guys and gals. It may result in something, it may not, but I imagine if the shoe were on the other foot, your pilots would be telling SWAPA reps to try their best to do what they could do about it.

Either way, we'll all get through this, one day at a time until it's all done and we turn the lights out on Airways Blvd for the last time and the last AAI employee has a SWA I.D. Until then, stay thirsty and have fun out there. :beer:
well said.

It's just been very eye opening that SWA management would create these conditions for so much angst to exist between the two work groups. For the next 2 and a half years, possibly more, we are going to see constant changes to the transition bid. Some planes will leave on time, others won't. The lynchpin in the transition is SWA's ability to get the int'l reservation system working. That should have been done before SOC, not after. So instead of being leaders and doing the correct planning to make this journey as smooth as possible. They have elected to make the employees the shock absorbers of a poorly executed plan. Im not saying that this merger or any other airline merger needs to get done in a week. But, to make continual changes to a plan, whereby; one change benefits one side and adversely effects the other is not smart. That approach doesn't foster a great culture.
well said, and thats the problem, folks forget that the golden rule is how we treat each other. How SWA conducts business is ruthless.

Think of it this way, would you rather be at any other airline or this one while doing a merger? I think you'll agree this one is best even with it's pitfalls.

I am over it, per say, I'll treat each and every AT folk as though they are family, and note you've been screwed, just like me and most FO's on this side, we'll get through this, and the company gets the employee group they deserve.

That is the exact thing that I would expect SWAPA to do. Don't use my term "exploitation" as a dirty word. When I said exploitation, I was referring to sticking to the language not some interpretation of what was or might have been said over the past 18 months.

I want to say Noah Webster made the call of "exploitation" being a dirty word in around 1806 ;-)

Latest resources

Back