• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Former NWA union leader crosses picket line

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
CWASaab, not to get your panties more in a bunch than they are, you failed to mention that the guy most likely has a family to feed.

who we talkin' about?

jetmedix said:
CWASaab, not to get your panties more in a bunch than they are, you failed to mention that the guy most likely has a family to feed.

First of all, no wedgies here, my knickers are just fine thanks.

If you're talking about Mesaba2425, then my issue has nothing to do with him working. That's fine by me (unless he left his XJ job to cross the line at NWA). My issue is with the incessant anti-union rhetoric he spews, especially his anti-ALPA blabber when he hasn't ever been a member of ALPA.

If we're talking about the individual who is the original subject of this thread, well then I should point out that I haven't made any comments about him. But I bet you can guess how I feel about his crossing the line.

I can ceratainly appreciate that he may have a family to support. That is a flawed justification as no doubt there are other jobs available that don't involve crossing an active strike line. (perhaps not as much money-perhaps more, but enough to support a family)

However, what I truely find unconscionable is that someone who was a union officer would cross the line. I know there are some bad feelings left over from the IAM-AMFA change over, but for a former union officer to completely walk away from the ideals of brotherhood and mutual support, that is not justifiable. Especially within his own employee group.

(yes, I appreciate the ironic fact that NWA ALPA and AFA have neglected to fully support AMFA-but I am not NWA affiliated)

Last edited:
There is no brotherhood at NWA AMFA, and thats why the strike was doomed to fail long before the 30 day cooling off period began. The Company knew this from the get go, and played AMFA like a fiddle.

:uzi: Mesaba2425 is just flamebait and is anti-union. He likes to argue just to pi$$ you off or he really believes it.... or both.

Read his profile, go to his previous posts, and you'll have enough proof. Don't bother wasting your energy arguing with him/her. End of discussion.

Last edited:
The only people who care about scabs are those who are already gainfully employed at a legacy carrier. They are afraid of what is coming. By the time the dust settles from the blood bath the term scab will mean someone who still has a job. Most of us could care less about scabs and a few are excited for an opportunity to become one.

Skyline

Skyline said:
The only people who care about scabs are those who are already gainfully employed at a legacy carrier. They are afraid of what is coming. By the time the dust settles from the blood bath the term scab will mean someone who still has a job. Most of us could care less about scabs and a few are excited for an opportunity to become one.

Skyline

I hope this is flame bait. If not you are the biggest idiot on this board (and there are a lot of idiot's)

mdanno808

Mdaoon808

I guess I am an idiot. You must be the gainfully employed pro Union dude who's job we are all trying to save. If the regionals and a few legacy carriers furlough and lay off like some think there will be a huge army of unemployed future scabs out there. Who cares about being a scab anyway? The best companies are mostly non union anyway.

Skyline

PS Great avatar by the way !!!!

Actually,

I am a furloughed Hawaiian Airlines pilot, now flying for a supplemental carrier making half of what I used to, and working more. Also, in case you haven't noticed, there are a hell of a lot of pilot's who are unemployed at this very minute, and I highly doubt that 1% of them would scab at another carrier.

Hey

Madoon808

You hold on to that dream man. I am also furloughed and feel differently. I am sure that there were a few mechanics at NWA who had the same ideas as you. I think they have changed their minds now. What would be the consequences anyway? The unions are falling apart. The legacy carriers are going away. Who cares? If a good job is offered I think they will be lined up around the block.

Skyline

Interesting backstory on Hurley. He was an IAM leader who opposed the AMFA take-over of NWA mechs because he predicted they'd "...burn the hangars down just to show how tough they are."

Prescient, no?

No other NWA employees are standing with AMFA because they profess a "We're better than you!" manifesto that irritates the other unions. Their negotiating strategy has been to insist that the other unions take the cuts so that the mechs won't have to. Even the flight attendant's union (PFAA), which is affiliated with AMFA, voted to NOT honor the AMFA picket line.

AMFA has lost. That is sad, especially for those mechs swept-away in the ego-tsunami that insisted NWA was keeping two sets of books, and was somehow responsible for the run-up in fuel costs.

Latest resources

Back