• NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.
  • Logbook Pro for Apple iOS version 8.1 is now available on the App Store. Major update including signature endorsements and dark/light theme support. Click here to install now.

Former NWA union leader crosses picket line

mesaba2425

Hmmmmm
Total Time

English

Total Time
You are congratulating a scab?

You must be either Mesaba or Wal-Mart management.

vtwo

Total Time
+11K
mesaba,

Is your avatar Bevis or BUTHEAD.

yOUR HERO May be

208Tech

Vans Rock
Total Time
Enough
If the former union president is crossing the picket line and is going back to work, what is that telling you? Maybe this strike is not going to work out for the mechanics? It will be a shame that a lot of good mechanics and cleaners may not be getting their jobs back.

erj-145mech

Total Time
AMFA trying to bring down NWA is like me refusing to buy gasoline from Exxon will bring them down.

AMFA is like an empty jock strap, no support.

skydivinguy

Total Time
English said:

No, he's congratulating someone that has the sense to keep his job it would appear.

jumppilot03

Total Time
I know that I am going to get attacked for this, but I dont see it as him crossing a picket line. Yes they are still striking, but it is obviously a failed strike. Those jobs are now gone, replacements have been hired as the new permanent employees. NWA is still laughing everytime they drive up to the airport from HQ and see the mechanics picketing. Reality sucks. I hate to see a union get beat, but this one in over.

IndyGTP

He is a former IAM leader. This strike is an AMFA strike. He thinks the proposal should have went to a vote??? I can tell you the vote would have been "NO". This scab is the perfect example of what happened at USAir and United. Although there wasn't a strike at USAir or United... The senior mechanics (20 yr+ guys) voted to outsource all the junior mechanic jobs. That's why this guy is a "yes" voter. The only outcome that could hurt him was a strike. Such a selfish greedy scab he is

I heard new hires at NWA will be hired-in at top-out or a close to top-out rate of $22/hr. The future is looking more and more gloomy every day a carrier goes into bankruptcy .

208Tech

Vans Rock
Total Time
Enough
Thank you for the clarification on the union leader.

The Star Tribune article stated that Mike Hurley was currently earning $27.54 an hour and CNN reported that the replacement workers were earning $26.53. http://money.cnn.com/2005/08/25/news/fortune500/northwest_replacements/index.htm

Maybe a no vote is exactly what NWA management wanted all along and either way, vote or no vote, AMFA played right into their hands. If this was a poker game I believe the term would be, "Having an ACE up their sleeve".

From my view on the outside I cannot think of one reason why NWA would have the former mechanics come back to work. Any ideas anyone?

skydivinguy

Total Time
From my view on the outside I cannot think of one reason why NWA would have the former mechanics come back to work. Any ideas anyone?[/QUOTE]

So they can get the hanger door opener A&P back in action??

mdanno808

Maika'i Card Member
Total Time
This guy is a SCAB. In fact, he is the definition of the word scab. It doesn't matter if the strike is failing or not. HE CROSSED THE PICKET LINE YOU IDIOT!

208Tech

Vans Rock
Total Time
Enough
Six months from now we will clearly see who is the idiot.

mdanno808

Maika'i Card Member
Total Time
This guy may have his job in 6 months, and he may not. Even if he does, he will now be a scab for the rest of his life.

208Tech

Vans Rock
Total Time
Enough
I think AMFA royally screwed this one up and this may be the beginning of the end for AMFA.

Once the unions go the way of the horse and buggy, I do not think it will matter much who was a scab or not. This will take time though.

erj-145mech

Total Time
mdanno808 said:
This guy is a SCAB. In fact, he is the definition of the word scab. It doesn't matter if the strike is failing or not. HE CROSSED THE PICKET LINE YOU IDIOT!

If a tree fall to the ground, and no one is there to hear it, does it make a sound? If a unioin goes on strike, and no one honors the picket line, is the union dead?

Redmeat

People Mover
Total Time
Ubecha
erj-145mech said:
If a tree fall to the ground, and no one is there to hear it, does it make a sound? If a unioin goes on strike, and no one honors the picket line, is the union dead?

You call 20 people (SCABS FOR LIFE) that crossed out of 4400 "no one" honoring the picket line?

Last edited:

erj-145mech

Total Time
NO, what about the flight attendants? The pilots? 1000 replacement mechanics? Maybe they snuck in when you weren't looking?

I'd consider that someone. The company is still running without AMFA. A person (the company) can still function with a hemmoroid, its a little irritating at times, but you can still function.

mesaba2425

Hmmmmm
Total Time

CWASaab

Well... Not anymore
Total Time
enough
English said:

Sort of: He's an ex-mechanic, wannabe pilot, management flunkie now in the flight ops. training department, who has been gunnin' against unions, esp. AMFA, ever since they began representing Mesaba mechanics.