• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Former NWA union leader crosses picket line

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
From my view on the outside I cannot think of one reason why NWA would have the former mechanics come back to work. Any ideas anyone?[/QUOTE]

So they can get the hanger door opener A&P back in action??

This guy is a SCAB. In fact, he is the definition of the word scab. It doesn't matter if the strike is failing or not. HE CROSSED THE PICKET LINE YOU IDIOT!

Six months from now we will clearly see who is the idiot.

This guy may have his job in 6 months, and he may not. Even if he does, he will now be a scab for the rest of his life.

I think AMFA royally screwed this one up and this may be the beginning of the end for AMFA.

Once the unions go the way of the horse and buggy, I do not think it will matter much who was a scab or not. This will take time though.

mdanno808 said:
This guy is a SCAB. In fact, he is the definition of the word scab. It doesn't matter if the strike is failing or not. HE CROSSED THE PICKET LINE YOU IDIOT!

If a tree fall to the ground, and no one is there to hear it, does it make a sound? If a unioin goes on strike, and no one honors the picket line, is the union dead?

erj-145mech said:
If a tree fall to the ground, and no one is there to hear it, does it make a sound? If a unioin goes on strike, and no one honors the picket line, is the union dead?

You call 20 people (SCABS FOR LIFE) that crossed out of 4400 "no one" honoring the picket line?

Last edited:
NO, what about the flight attendants? The pilots? 1000 replacement mechanics? Maybe they snuck in when you weren't looking?

I'd consider that someone. The company is still running without AMFA. A person (the company) can still function with a hemmoroid, its a little irritating at times, but you can still function.

English said:
You are congratulating a scab?

You must be either Mesaba or Wal-Mart management.

Sort of: He's an ex-mechanic, wannabe pilot, management flunkie now in the flight ops. training department, who has been gunnin' against unions, esp. AMFA, ever since they began representing Mesaba mechanics.

Latest resources

Back