• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Former AWA Pilot writes the truth

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Oh yeah - I remember now - because if Nic was the active list - then all the furloughs from the last 3 years (with the downsizing of LAS and PHX) would have come from the East and not one west pilot would be furloughed.
As you well know, the Nic list was constructed in 2007 based (mostly) on a snapshot date in 2005. What actually happens after that point isn't relevant because the list is the list. The USAPA wet-dream list makes the West furlough-fodder for the East. Does the Nic list do the same for the East? No, because at the time of the merger over half the East was already furloughed.
SOUNDS LIKE A FAIR SOLUTION TO ME - NOT
Good thing your opinion doesn't matter. Neither does mine. That's why it's called "Binding Arbitration" and not "Binding Unless One Side Doesn't Like It Arbitration". Show some integrity and live with what you agreed to.

Last I checked, we are all forced to retire at 65. Hopefully it will be increased to 70 at some point but it has not happened yet.

Yeah, "Hopefully". Let me guess...you'd like to see it increased the day before your 65th birthday? :rolleyes:

Nobody can staple anyone legallyQUOTE]

This is patently, wholly and absolutely false. BM provides NO/ZERO language stating such. This is a falsehood that is perpetuated by uneducated and misinformed pilots. Read the entire law and try to find the part that says a staple, or any other type of integration solution for that matter, is "illegal".

Now back to slamming USAir.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Metrojet, there are no do overs in binding arbitration. If there was such an thing, the system would fail. Imagine cutting a plea deal and then getting buyers remorse while doing your sentence and wanting a do over/trial to reduce your sentence. Not going to happen in our current legal system. Stop feeling sorry for your bad career at AAA and try to make the rest of your career and life a better experience. Also try to layoff the USAPA koolaid, it will only give you a hangover down the road.

This is patently, wholly and absolutely false. BM provides NO/ZERO language stating such. This is a falsehood that is perpetuated by uneducated and misinformed pilots. Read the entire law and try to find the part that says a staple, or any other type of integration solution for that matter, is "illegal".

Now back to slamming USAir.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Go review the PeopleExpress/Continental case and than study the definition of precedence as it relates to the law.
THAN get back to me about uneducated pilots or misinformed ones.
No court will rule in favor of someone arbitrarily stapling an entire pilot group of an acquired airline. Can't be done it has allready been proven in court, as the saying goes.

Go review the PeopleExpress/Continental case and than study the definition of precedence as it relates to the law.
THAN get back to me about uneducated pilots or misinformed ones.
No court will rule in favor of someone arbitrarily stapling an entire pilot group of an acquired airline. Can't be done it has allready been proven in court, as the saying goes.

A negotiated agreement may contain anything the parties to the negotiations agree to. A staple is in NO WAY illegal. Precedence is used to established process more than outcome/result.

"Than study the definition..."? "THAN" get back to you? Did you mean THEN study the definition and THEN get back to you?

Courts don't "rule" in an arbitration case. The ARBITRATOR does. Hence the name...

Also if it's a negotiated agreement it's not an arbitrary stapling.

Again, a staple is not illegal. Not even close.

You ever read any Samuel Johnson or Abraham Lincoln quotes?

Last edited:
Here, let me get this one:

The west is represent by USAPA now. While USAPA claims that DOH is the way we do seniority here, they must take ALL tenets, contracts, letters of agreements & conditions of the previous CBA. The previous CBA conducted a merger process, and the product of that process is the Nicolau Award. The company accepted that list and sent out a letter stating that the Nicolau award met all of the companys conditions for a merged list.

There is NO ONE on the west that has the authority to accept any such "offer" from the union that is supposed to represent all US Airways pilots.

Since you kids decided to pick up your toys and go home (vs. playing by the rules), we have NO CHOICE but to defend our position. Court decision(s) will come down eventually. Heck Cleary & Mowrey already wrote a paper in June 2000 that essentially states that NO COURT HAS OVERTURNED A FINAL AND BINDING AWARD. What makes you think they are now wrong?

Meanwhile we will sit over hear in toasty PHX on an OK contract (DH today @ 100%, and I just went home...excellent!). We await the courts or perhaps a cadre of 600-700 that know where this will eventually end up and want a new contract NOW.

Now where did I put that bowl of popcorn.....;)

Catcusboy53 -

You never answered my question about the fairness of how all furloughed pilots would be from the east with the LAS closure (if Nic was used)

But - it is moot - and you are INCORRECT that the Nic is part of our Current CBA (like a LOA or side letter) - it is a totally separate document - sort of like an addendum to an unsigned or not yet effective contract. It is simple law - but you continue to believe that is part of a contract (see joint collective bargaining contract definition) - which all of us get to vote on.

Metrojet

Latest resources

Back