• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Form 10-Q/A for PINNACLE AIRLINES CORP RE Colgan Air

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The short version is you are either going to be merged into another carrier or shut down in bankruptcy. Colgan is burning through Pinnacles cash way to fast. Which means if Pinnacle can't acquire another profitable carrier to merge Colgan into (Mesaba? Commute Air?, Peidmont?), or sell Colgan, they will park your Saabs and and fold the Q's into Pinnacle. They may need to use the chapter 11 bankruptcy process to park all of the Saabs. There are no new contracts to bid on and there won't be any in the future - the industry is shrinking and trying to shed contracts, codeshares, and aircraft. The only other option is to put Colgan into chapter 7 and shut it down. Since Pinnacle corp totes the notes for the Q's they won't do that unless they have a buyer for the AC prior to the BK. In that case the pilots won't go with the AC.

It is called 'merge or die' and the entire industry is looking down that barrel. A student of airline history would tell you history is repeating itself - again.

thats the picture i am seeing unless something major takes place.

Yes...sad: National Labor Relations Act (NLRA)

Um, yeah, I think you should read CoATP's post. He gets it. The average pilot is so ignorant of labor law (and politics in general) that he couldn't explain the difference between a gun rights organization and the very labor law that affects his entire career. I could throw in any law or organization in place of "NRA," and the statement remains accurate. Pilots are woefully uninformed on anything related to their careers or how things work in Washington. But if you'd like to have a discussion on the differences between the RLA and the NLRA, then I'm up for it. I just hope you know more than the average pilot, otherwise it will be a very one-sided conversation. :rolleyes:

The information on this board just keeps getting more and more incorrect

Colgan has capacity agreements with all our carriers except us air

yes that means saabs for continental and united too as well as the Q,s

some of our us air flying is subsidized by EAS as well

keep your wishes for other pilots failures to yourself

Like I said on page one. Reference form 10Q/A page 13 for the exacting details of Colgan's service agreements straight from the mouths of the board of directors. The 15 Q-400s for Continental are the only aircraft operated under a capacity purchase service agreement. It would take more than the losses from the USAir flying to total nearly $5 million/quarter in red ink.

skim through pages 11-12 of pncl's 07 financial report

everything with the exception of the Q is pro rated agreements. who told you otherwise?

I would just like to personally thank the North East Saab guys, (alot now in the Q400), for being so retarded and ignorant of the industry for which we work, that they decided "not" to vote last year.

Because of your willingness to give management a "chance," we have only made progress in losing our work rules, and losing the ability to protect ourselves in times like these.

And not to be out-done by last years buffoonery, these same pilots, who last year didn't understand what the words "scope" and "duty-rigs" meant, now want union representation...but instead of making it easier and safer for everyone involved, they now want to vote in Teamsters and make it nice and complicated when we get into merger talks with PNCL ALPA.

You guys and gals are the best! When Buddy and uncle Phil decide that furloughs out of seniority make more financial sense, don't be surprised if I personally thank you by letting you know youre number 1!

:uzi: :smash: :puke: :angryfire

I would just like to personally thank the North East Saab guys, (alot now in the Q400), for being so retarded and ignorant of the industry for which we work, that they decided "not" to vote last year.

Because of your willingness to give management a "chance," we have only made progress in losing our work rules, and losing the ability to protect ourselves in times like these.

And not to be out-done by last years buffoonery, these same pilots, who last year didn't understand what the words "scope" and "duty-rigs" meant, now want union representation...but instead of making it easier and safer for everyone involved, they now want to vote in Teamsters and make it nice and complicated when we get into merger talks with PNCL ALPA.

You guys and gals are the best! When Buddy and uncle Phil decide that furloughs out of seniority make more financial sense, don't be surprised if I personally thank you by letting you know youre number 1!

:uzi: :smash: :puke: :angryfire

Best post ever about Colgan on here. Very well said.

I second that. I can't believe the level of buffoonery of many of the NE pilots. They hate ALPA because of what happened at USairways east. :rolleyes:
I think the boys in ORF were part of the 155 and several of the NE boys were on the OC.

Latest resources

Back