• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Form 10-Q/A for PINNACLE AIRLINES CORP RE Colgan Air

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
They taught us that at ALPA leadership training in Herndon also.....They taught us not to ever question ALPA in public...little role playing skit with Beebe and a few others.....The funny thing is that 2 of the role playing actors were USAir ALPA folks....worked real well for them....

I don't "incite rebellion" or "foster division"....ALPA does a fine job of that by dividing pilots as "regional" and "mainline".....I just question authority....It is healthy to question authority....

That leadership conference must have been right before your fellow pilots recalled you, right?

Your absolutely correct....Now can you convince Rez and PCL128?

He'll have to get educated about the RLA before he can convince me about anything. Just more crew room lawyer regurgitated nonsense. The average pilot doesn't know the difference between the RLA and the NRA. Sad.

The average pilot doesn't know the difference between the RLA and the NRA. Sad.

...on that I agree.....however the same average pilot has no idea what goes on with ALPA behind the scenes.....they would be amazed at what happens behind closed doors....

...on that I agree.....however the same average pilot has no idea what goes on with ALPA behind the scenes.....they would be amazed at what happens behind closed doors....

That's just politics. The truth is, even the average homeowner would also be amazed at what happens behind the scenes of their home owners' association. Get a group of people together in an organization, and politics happens. Politics is messy, no matter how big or how small the organization is. The key is to learn how to work within the system. You never figured that out, Joey.

so.....about Colgan

The short version is you are either going to be merged into another carrier or shut down in bankruptcy. Colgan is burning through Pinnacles cash way to fast. Which means if Pinnacle can't acquire another profitable carrier to merge Colgan into (Mesaba? Commute Air?, Peidmont?), or sell Colgan, they will park your Saabs and and fold the Q's into Pinnacle. They may need to use the chapter 11 bankruptcy process to park all of the Saabs. There are no new contracts to bid on and there won't be any in the future - the industry is shrinking and trying to shed contracts, codeshares, and aircraft. The only other option is to put Colgan into chapter 7 and shut it down. Since Pinnacle corp totes the notes for the Q's they won't do that unless they have a buyer for the AC prior to the BK. In that case the pilots won't go with the AC.

It is called 'merge or die' and the entire industry is looking down that barrel. A student of airline history would tell you history is repeating itself - again.

Latest resources

Back