Foreign Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
vlatko said:
I am a European flight instructor with a student visa and a temporary work permit. I have been looking at regional airlines as my next step but there is
one problem. In order to work a US based company, they have to be willing/eligible to sponsor you. Most regionals will not sponsor foreign pilots for a permanent working visa or a green card.
If anybody has any sort of information on this, please share, whether you know of somebody at your airline that has been through the same process or you know of an airline that sponsors foreing pilots. Any information would be of great importance! Thank you!

If I were you I would look into a 135 cargo operators to gain more experience while you sort out your situation. I would really doubt the fact that any US airline will sponsor you. plus if your permit is renewable, then you will not need a sponsor.

best of luck.

vlatko said:
I have an american girlfrieng Braz. (Un)fortunatley she has very loving and caring parents that play a huge part in her life and won't let her marry a flight instructor that makes 14 an hour. So you see my pain here... :)

Easy get her pregnant.

Skopje

ATC, we have probably spoken on the radio then. I always flew in under a "JM XXX" call sign in a LearJet and parked on the NATO ramp.

Typical FI, ragging on a guy with a serious question, presented in a respectful manner. If a U.S. pilot wanted advice on flying a foreign job, would the response be:

A) helpful, with a "good luck" at the end, or...

B) "Don't let the door hit you on the a$$ on the way out."

Hmm, now that I've typed this out, the answer is probably "B". This is a no-slack crowd! :nuts:

It just seems the answers could be a bit more civil. At least the guy is Macedonian, and not from an Islamic Sharia paradise.

Yup, I remember that callsign.We used to have a lot of JM's, JG's etc back then. Now, only once in a while. Did you fly for the US Army?

ATC, initially we used "JGO XXX" call signs and later on just used "JM XXX" call signs.

I was flying on contract with the US Navy from 1999 - December 2005.

Have things stabilised in town a little now?

The photo in my avtar is of two of the Learjets that I flew.

Everything seems to be ok now, Check6. I mean, once you give them one finger, they go for the whole hand. And when they get it.....they are fine......but just for a while......and then again......I guess we're at this stage right now......
You know who I am talking about, right? The guys from the north that started it in 2001.
Whatever.......... Let's not start politics :)

ATC@LWSK

Understand, and yes, no politics, just wanted to know how things were going for you. I always wanted to visit the city centre, but never left the airport because of security concerns.

You have a beautiful country. I wanted to visit Lake Ohrid but never had the opportunity.

Be safe,

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back