• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Foreign Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey buddy, I wasnt trying to flame you, just trying to help. Like I said, get a good Lawyer!!! they can make some things work for you.

skywest will not hire you on a H1. And they wont sponsor you. (source: HR lady)

BrazPilot said:
Yeah, I know exactly what you're talking about :) But let them (and her) think and hope someday you will be flying heavy jets making some fairly good money. About regionals requiring a Bachelors, I believe none does, but they prefere at least an Associate. Plenty of regionals out there with 1000/100 or less mins.
Yeah, RIP Senna, he was and still is The Best.

Good luck Vlatko!

Are there any MAJOR that actually REQUIREs a BS? I don't think so

(o) (o) said:
Are there any MAJOR that actually REQUIREs a BS? I don't think so

Yes. If many of them were still hiring, they require a four year degree of some sort. Northwest, and FedEx spring to mind right off the bat.

vlatko said:
I am a European flight instructor with a student visa and a temporary work permit. I have been looking at regional airlines as my next step but there is
one problem. In order to work a US based company, they have to be willing/eligible to sponsor you. Most regionals will not sponsor foreign pilots for a permanent working visa or a green card.
If anybody has any sort of information on this, please share, whether you know of somebody at your airline that has been through the same process or you know of an airline that sponsors foreing pilots. Any information would be of great importance! Thank you!

We're full. Try Canada.

loverobot said:
We're full. Try Canada.

Better yet, India or China. You'll have a better chance at making a living wage.

Vlatko, good luck. I have flown into Skopje many times between 2000-2005.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back