• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Foreign pilots at Fedex

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
“It's the dirty secret they don't want to publish, but it's true. You have to be a US Citizen to work for FedEx, UPS, World, Omni or any other carrier that does business flying cargo/troops for the military.”- I think you’re correct but only to a point. You must be a citizen OR a permanent resident AND if so, you must have lived in the US for at least 5 years. I know 1 guy at World (from Norway, just got back from a 2 week trip all over the Europe and the Middle East), 2 guys at UPS (Norway and Germany) and 1 guy at FedEx (Holland I think?) None of them is a citizen, all are permanent residents and all have lived here for 9+ years. Do not know anyone at Omni, Gemini, etc. I’m sure it helps to be a citizen though especially now after 9/11“Pretty sure "Yo"nited took all those. Sorry........Had to. Had a friend turned down by them because at the time they were hiring only minorities.”- Whether you’re for or against affirmative action (I’m against), your friend was not turned down because a foreigner was hired. Affirmative action applies only to minorities and women who are Americans by birth, so becoming citizens later in life wouldn’t make any difference for them. - I remember an ACLU rep. explaining this in an article we all had to read in a “Business English” college class. (yes, the teacher was a “neo-com” [neo-communist], seriously he was an ultra-liberal!) If I try to remember it and paraphrase him somehow it had to do with “making up for past mistakes to the relatives and the offspring of the betrayed ones.”
(sorry, formatting doesn't work for some reason)

Hey Sandman2122, who is the perfection also known as your avtar??

South,

She bares a striking resemblance to my wife when she was in her 20's and before she had 3 kids............ahhh, those were the days.

Pretty sure "Yo"nited took all those. Sorry........Had to. Had a friend turned down by them because at the time they were hiring only minorities.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's why he got turned downed.

Latest resources

Back