Foreign pilots at Fedex

SLOTH

gold member
Total Time
Has anyone seen or had any foreign pilots come through training at Fedex? Especially recently?

Goose17

Total Time
0+
the other day

I flew a flight on the 727 where I was the only American born guy in the cockpit. The left seater was from England and the back seater was originally from Canada. Both have U.S. citizenships now. The back seater also served in the U.S. military.

So, yes, there are foreign pilots at FedEx, but I would imagine that they are all U.S. citizens now (especially since we haul that ever so important mail).

Goose17

sandman2122

who's light?
Total Time
>7,000
We have a former Iranian Air Force pilot, don't know what Captain seat he's in though.......

murano

Total Time
10000+
It's the dirty secret they don't want to publish, but it's true. You have to be a US Citizen to work for FedEx, UPS, World, Omni or any other carrier that does business flying cargo/troops for the militairy. I'm waiting for the INS to get their asses in gear so I can become one. Good luck.

klhoard

Total Time
32000+
murano said:
It's the dirty secret they don't want to publish, but it's true. You have to be a US Citizen to work for FedEx, UPS, World, Omni or any other carrier that does business flying cargo/troops for the militairy. I'm waiting for the INS to get their asses in gear so I can become one. Good luck.
I don't think it's a secret. . . . it's stated right on the first web page of pilot.fedex.com . . .

skykid

On Point
Total Time
I thought you had to be a US citizen to carry US mail.

murano

Total Time
10000+
It's doesn't specifically say you have to be a US Citizen, but it says you must have lived in the US for the past five years (which is one of the requirements to BECOME a US Citizen).

LanceDriver

MARRIOTT PLATINUM MEMBER
Total Time
5K +/-
murano said:
It's doesn't specifically say you have to be a US Citizen, but it says you must have lived in the US for the past five years (which is one of the requirements to BECOME a US Citizen).
this is due to US govt. security clearance requirements, it is not "FedEx" or "UPS" who are on-their-own mandating it

Southbound

Total Time
Hey Sandman2122, who is the perfection also known as your avtar??

Last edited:

73-Driver

Le Big Mac
Total Time
10000+
Southbound said:
Is that Sandman in Drag?

Last edited:

jparks

1DAYSWA
Total Time
TPIC
Pretty sure "Yo"nited took all those. Sorry........Had to. Had a friend turned down by them because at the time they were hiring only minorities.

Last edited:

⌐⌐⌐⌐⌐

Total Time
“It's the dirty secret they don't want to publish, but it's true. You have to be a US Citizen to work for FedEx, UPS, World, Omni or any other carrier that does business flying cargo/troops for the military.”- I think you’re correct but only to a point. You must be a citizen OR a permanent resident AND if so, you must have lived in the US for at least 5 years. I know 1 guy at World (from Norway, just got back from a 2 week trip all over the Europe and the Middle East), 2 guys at UPS (Norway and Germany) and 1 guy at FedEx (Holland I think?) None of them is a citizen, all are permanent residents and all have lived here for 9+ years. Do not know anyone at Omni, Gemini, etc. I’m sure it helps to be a citizen though especially now after 9/11“Pretty sure "Yo"nited took all those. Sorry........Had to. Had a friend turned down by them because at the time they were hiring only minorities.”- Whether you’re for or against affirmative action (I’m against), your friend was not turned down because a foreigner was hired. Affirmative action applies only to minorities and women who are Americans by birth, so becoming citizens later in life wouldn’t make any difference for them. - I remember an ACLU rep. explaining this in an article we all had to read in a “Business English” college class. (yes, the teacher was a “neo-com” [neo-communist], seriously he was an ultra-liberal!) If I try to remember it and paraphrase him somehow it had to do with “making up for past mistakes to the relatives and the offspring of the betrayed ones.”
(sorry, formatting doesn't work for some reason)

sandman2122

who's light?
Total Time
>7,000
South,

She bares a striking resemblance to my wife when she was in her 20's and before she had 3 kids............ahhh, those were the days.

skykid

On Point
Total Time
Pretty sure "Yo"nited took all those. Sorry........Had to. Had a friend turned down by them because at the time they were hiring only minorities.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's why he got turned downed.