Foreign pilots at Fedex

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
the other day

I flew a flight on the 727 where I was the only American born guy in the cockpit. The left seater was from England and the back seater was originally from Canada. Both have U.S. citizenships now. The back seater also served in the U.S. military.

So, yes, there are foreign pilots at FedEx, but I would imagine that they are all U.S. citizens now (especially since we haul that ever so important mail).

Goose17

It's the dirty secret they don't want to publish, but it's true. You have to be a US Citizen to work for FedEx, UPS, World, Omni or any other carrier that does business flying cargo/troops for the militairy. I'm waiting for the INS to get their asses in gear so I can become one. Good luck.

murano said:
It's the dirty secret they don't want to publish, but it's true. You have to be a US Citizen to work for FedEx, UPS, World, Omni or any other carrier that does business flying cargo/troops for the militairy. I'm waiting for the INS to get their asses in gear so I can become one. Good luck.
I don't think it's a secret. . . . it's stated right on the first web page of pilot.fedex.com . . .

I thought you had to be a US citizen to carry US mail.

It's doesn't specifically say you have to be a US Citizen, but it says you must have lived in the US for the past five years (which is one of the requirements to BECOME a US Citizen).

murano said:
It's doesn't specifically say you have to be a US Citizen, but it says you must have lived in the US for the past five years (which is one of the requirements to BECOME a US Citizen).

this is due to US govt. security clearance requirements, it is not "FedEx" or "UPS" who are on-their-own mandating it

Latest resources

Back