• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ford may sell jets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If I was a Ford pilot, I'd be filing a law suit against a member of congress for forcing my job to be lost. They are directly responsible after all.

If I was a Ford pilot, I'd be filing a law suit against a member of congress for forcing my job to be lost. They are directly responsible after all.

Everyone loves the free market screwing everyone until they get screwed then suddenly it is not so good.....

Everyone loves the free market screwing everyone until they get screwed then suddenly it is not so good.....

Hypocritical Congressman who use donated corporate aircraft during campaigns blasting CEOs for their use of company aircraft for *gasp* business reasons doesn't have JACK to do with the "free market".

Then again, congressional bailouts by their nature are in violation of "free market" principals.

Besides, those CEOs either couldn't or wouldn't man up and defend the use of those aircraft as a necessary business asset...and if GM or Ford cuts aircraft and jobs within their flight department as a result of this nonsense than Congress isn't to blame for that...the weak-dick CEO is.

Big three CEO's defending corpjets wouldn't have been handout suicide....

Look, I agree with you the corpjets are a biz tool... nothing wrong with it....

But this is perception.... looking back, I am sure all of these Clowns, I mean CEO's would have loved to taken NWA on the day in question...

IOW, if you are going to ask for big bailout then have some SA....

The execs might be able to redeem themselves by taking a page from the playbook of Michael Bluth of the Bluth Company. Sell the Corporate jet, keep the stair car. New executive transport: the stair car. Just watch out for low bridges and hop ons. You will get hop ons.:D

These guys were pathetic. Deer in headlights as they get grilled by some retard congressmen...and all they can say is "we need money"..

I guess its all part of the dance, they beg, congress says show us your plan, they get a check...but it certainly angers me that the let something as miniscule in the big picture as a ride on the corp jet to be the epicenter? They let Frank and Ackerman (2 complete losers) run the dialogue? - COME ON.

Result: Go home, clean up the window dressing and throw some pilots out. Nice.

For the money these CEOs command today, they sure do come across as pretty f'n stupid.

Interesting times..

Here is one reason:
MINI Cooper D (yes, that's Diesel) 80 mpg highway, 60 mpg city!. 1.6L/ 110hp. Topspeed 121 mph.
1 million MINI's sold in 6 years. Owned by BMW.

The Toyota Prius doesn't even come close. Anything that Detroit builds is, well, euhh, far behind.

Quality, what's that? Do a search on carcomplaints.com. Do a search on Chrysler. Their 2.7L V6 has a terrible history of seizing up after 60.000 miles. Electrical problems, where to start?

Consumer Report has interesting reports on quality. New and used. The big 3 are all in the bottom of the rankings.

If I buy a car I want something reliable for the $30-50.000 they cost nowaday, not something that gives me a hatefull intimate relationship with a dealer or manufacturer that gives me the run-around.
Example: my wife's Chrysler Sebring Convertable: 6 years old, 6ok miles, 8 major service issues (and a few little ones), all quality related: poor materials, bad design.
My old Toyota, 220k miles: Air flow meter failed at 190k. Only problem I've ever had.

Never ever a Chrysler product again, same goes for Ford and (US) GM. I know I'm not the only one.....

Latest resources

Back