• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Forbes article on pilots...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think pilot yip is advertising for pilots.

If you don't have a degree, don't want to get a degree- or need a way to get a degree cheaply while building flight time- go see Yip.

That is a good idea

Your tag line? I wonder what comes of that long of liberal thought? I know brain atrophy is a certain cause! I know you have forgotten that the Congress (which controls the purse strings) was taken over in November by Democrats in 2006! G.W. Bush signed most legislation cause he wanted to get along with the dems (after the "selected vs. elected" argument.)

So, you gutless liberals with a chip on your shoulder helped shield the coming terriost attack. Yes, I put the attack at the feet of the gutless, liberal, piece of ********************e liberal establishment!

I hold Bill Clinton, a known rapist, responsible for the recession that Bush inherited and our weakeness that led to the 9/11 attacks!

The honest history backs my claims!

Cheers-

Rum

P.S. Remember Dem control after 2006 election you idiot! Last paycheck review I was doing just fine under Bush before the dems beat the economy into the ground.

And that pretty much sums it up.
so it is bad to have your employer pay for your degree? YIP is the birth place of many careers, just a short list of places our pilots have gone in the last 10 years, basically after coming to JUS as a <1000 hr pilot. Delta, NWA, SWA, FedEx, UPS, Kalitta (74's), Airtran, Spirit, Jet Blue, American, United, USAirways, NJ, yes and even the military. YIP is also the place many elect to stay as they get into their late 40's and early 50's, because a $100K/yr is hard to replace at that age. Funny thing about our former pilots, they seem to call us, when between jobs and looking for a place make some money. Ask around see if you can find some former JUS and find out who we are right from the horse's mouth. BTW A nice thing about these guys is that no one who flew as a PIC at JUS ever failed their initial training at their next job, they built a solid foundation in airline operations, SOP, CRM, and flying into uncontrolled airports throughout North America

Last edited:
Your tag line? I wonder what comes of that long of liberal thought? I know brain atrophy is a certain cause! I know you have forgotten that the Congress (which controls the purse strings) was taken over in November by Democrats in 2006! G.W. Bush signed most legislation cause he wanted to get along with the dems (after the "selected vs. elected" argument.)

So, you gutless liberals with a chip on your shoulder helped shield the coming terriost attack. Yes, I put the attack at the feet of the gutless, liberal, piece of ********************e liberal establishment!

I hold Bill Clinton, a known rapist, responsible for the recession that Bush inherited and our weakeness that led to the 9/11 attacks!

The honest history backs my claims

Cheers-

Rum

P.S. Remember Dem control after 2006 election you idiot! Last paycheck review I was doing just fine under Bush before the dems beat the economy into the ground.

haha-
gutless ehh? Sure about that?
WTF are you talking about? Knock back another shot bc I think you have your threads confused

haha-
gutless ehh? Sure about that?
WTF are you talking about? Knock back another shot bc I think you have your threads confused

woops! Mixed my threads. But my point is still valid. And, I would not call you gutless but I find the Democrat leaders gutless. In fact, I challenge the true patriotism of most of the "higher ups".

But, keep your faith in Barney Frank, Maxine Waters, Sheila Jackson Lee, Cynthia McKinnry, Joe (Mr. Gaffe) Biden and our Presidant (with a very questionable background).

Glad to be an expat watching my country burn from a distance.

Cheers-

Rum

What's with the name listing? Is that supposed to discredit me or them or a guilt by association theme?

There's no great response to that thread drift other than try to remember that in america we are a nation of individuals and what we care about is that individualism. When you stereotype me or anyone else for any reason - you're subscribing to a collectivism that is blatantly unamerican - same if you ever feel like you can't support or not support something you'd like to bc it's not popular among conservatives now. Be yourself. I'll be me. Debate from there- but respect individual thought.

All part of the coming 2012 hiring boom. Fly because you like to, if you are in it for money, respect, prestige, or recognition, you may be disappointed.

Yip-It's funny. I fly bc I love to.
I have mostly been respected in my life-hopefully bc I AM respectable - but I also know I get respect bc of flying- it is a VERY honest endeavor that deserves a baseline of respect- serious ******************************bag actions can overshadow the respect people have for your ability to fly- and no one will confuse you with a rockstar- but I do routinely autograph boarding passes and take pictures w/ young kids- and I make more money than I ever would have thought possible as a kid growing up.
Learning to fly has opened up so many possibilities and allowed me to dream even bigger -
if you keep humble- keep working- keep building your reputation day in and day out- flying can give you a lionshare of what this world offers.

I guess I've never understood your attachment to the "managed expectations" your signature suggests.

we all learned how to fly bc we weren't afraid to go after our dreams- it seems like you want pilots who will stop just short of achieving it all. "No degree- no prestige- but you'll get to fly"
is that what you're selling up there?

Last edited:
Yip-It's funny. I fly bc I love to.
I have mostly been respected in my life-hopefully bc I AM respectable - but I also know I get respect bc of flying- it is a VERY honest endeavor that deserves a baseline of respect- serious ******************************bag actions can overshadow the respect people have for your ability to fly- and no one will confuse you with a rockstar- but I do routinely autograph boarding passes and take pictures w/ young kids- and I make more money than I ever would have thought possible as a kid growing up.
Learning to fly has opened up so many possibilities and allowed me to dream even bigger -
if you keep humble- keep working- keep building your reputation day in and day out- flying can give you a lionshare of what this world offers.

I guess I've never understood your attachment to the "managed expectations" your signature suggests.

we all learned how to fly bc we weren't afraid to go after our dreams- it seems like you want pilots who will stop just short of achieving it all. "No degree- no prestige- but you'll get to fly"
is that what you're selling up there?
After 11 jobs since leaving the Navy, I have adopted another slogan, "Expect nothing and you will never be disappointed” I know it sounds like having no drive, ambition or goals, but that is not the case. There is so much in this business you have absolutely no control over, these effect your job. To fret unnecessarily over those things causes ulcers, it is not worth it. Getting depressed over stupid things that you have no control over is nor worth it.

BTW Please college and "No degree- no prestige" is complete BS, Let me give you the background on the college degree thing. I do not judge a man by his degree, where he lives, or what he does for a living. I judge a man on the content of his character. I find the college degrees only crowd here, a bit arrogant, a smacking of if you do not have a degree you are not as good as me. I know too many people who are successful and fine men who do not have a degree, I know many people with degrees who will never make any impact upon anything. I know too many pilots without degrees who I consider some of the most successful people I know. I admire them and the lives they have built. So I bait, about the non-importance of the college degree in this business. I think this sets off the college degree only crowd because it distorts their view of what they have done.

Last edited:
I judge a man on the content of his character. I find the college degrees only crowd here, a bit arrogant, a smacking of if you do not have a degree you are not as good as me. I know too many people who are successful and fine men who do not have a degree, I know many people with degrees who will never make any impact upon anything.

Is having a degree a valid indicator of anything?

For example, if someone has been fired after 1 year from each of their last 5 jobs I can make some accurate guesses about that person. Maybe they are just unlucky and got stuck with a truly awful boss five times in a row but it seems unlikely....

So can we make any assumptions about a person that has successfully and voluntarily completed at least 4 years of schooling beyond what is required? Of is this fact as random as noting a preference for chocolate over vanilla? That is, it indicates absolutely nothing about the person.

Latest resources

Back