• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

For those that want to "vote and get it over with" at SKYW

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We here at SkyWest like to think of this whole thing as a yin-yang. The balance between good and evil. The duality of coexistance. You guys stay Evil ALPA, and we'll balance that out by remaining Good Non-Union. Like it or not, you guys benefit from us being non-union as much as we do from you being union. If we were all ALPA it would upset the balance of power and we'd all be on the fast track to the bottom. Harsh reality, but its true.

Silly me, all my time in ALPA and I didn't even realize they represented dispatchers!

We here at SkyWest like to think of this whole thing as a yin-yang. The balance between good and evil. The duality of coexistance. You guys stay Evil ALPA, and we'll balance that out by remaining Good Non-Union. Like it or not, you guys benefit from us being non-union as much as we do from you being union. If we were all ALPA it would upset the balance of power and we'd all be on the fast track to the bottom. Harsh reality, but its true.

Your logic explains it all. Hope your shrinking real wages over the next few years drives up the value of my Skywest stock! Thank you for your ignorance! St. George and the stockholders value your willingness to continue contributing to their bottom line.

Don't forget the senior RJ captains that haven't had a COLA in over 6 years, and will get a whopping total of 1% for the next 4 years(in Newwoman's world .1% a year is a fantastic deal, and we should all be thankful)!!!!

I've flown with 4 of the top 10 pilots in the company. Not a single one of them complained about the company the way you do. They were all very positive about how their 20+ years at SkyWest have been. All live in very nice homes in very nice communities. I enjoyed my time with them, and they helped me appreciate what we have here from their perspective.

oh, and non of them were pro-ALPA.

Silly me, all my time in ALPA and I didn't even realize they represented dispatchers!

I'm sorry, next time I will PM SkyNation and have him write it in so it will be coming from a "pylit."

Everyone just wants the pilots here to vote ALPA so we can all be in the same sh!tty boat together. No thanks. Remember that when you play God by voting in a union it affects every job code at that airline, not just the pilots. The SkyWest pilots know we are looking out for, and support, them; and I in return would like to think they are doing the same for us. SkyNation is just one of the many here that actually think about everyone else before theirself.

Quit being jealous. Quit telling me how much we're gonna get screwed 10 years from now for not having a unionized pilot group. Just because we are all 'friends' and you jumped off the bridge first, does not mean we need to follow. Why slit our throats to squeeze an extra dollar that would be just enough to pay for the dues that come along with it? Sorry to kill your hard-on for the SkyWest pilot group, but the majority are happy are. I know you can't possibly believe that pilots enjoy working, but the majority here do. Imagine that.

Like it or not, you guys benefit from us being non-union as much as we do from you being union <quote>

Please, oh enlightend one, explain to me how we at the 'Evil ALPA' carriers benefit from the Skywest pilots being non-union?

Peace.

Rekks.

I'm not saying its the best alternative, but just like the two-party system in US Government, you keep a collective balance instead of tipping the scale one way all of the time. Also hypothetical, is the reality that if all airlines were ALPA, then all airlines might gang up on ALPA until all pilots are taking concessions. One ALPA group falls and the rest fall with it. And the case could also be stated that just the opposite would happen. Where are airlines pay their pilots $5,000,000 an hour. And everyone is hunky-dorey.

Again, it's the non-union airlines that keep things balanced, so that neither ALPA nor the airlines gain too much momentum either way on the aforementioned scale of 'destiny.'

The better contract ALPA carriers (ExpressJet, Air Wisconsin, Comair) have done their best to hold the line on pay/benefits. And these carriers are loosing flying to specifically, a non-union carrier called Skywest. Ex. UAX, Midwest, Delta.

In AWAC's case, our pilot group would have had to accept the same 99seats for 50 seat rate the the Skywest pilots did, just to retain the flying we had with UAX. We said no, we will not lower ourselves to that. So actually, having Skywest non-union, where management could have imposed those scales at will, if they wanted to to gain the UAX flying, is damaging to the industry and profession in general.

Anyone who is judging ALPA by the past 6 years under Woerth is not getting the whole picture, and those that refuse to accept that ALPA has done great, incredible things for ALL PILOTS, even those not represented by ALPA, during it's 75 year history, are just being ignorant of the facts. And also of guilty of freeloading on the backs of hard working ALPA pilots.

Did some checking, by the way. Skywest pay AND workrules were nowhere near AWAC's when AWAC signed contract '99. Skywest manegement brought them up close because of the union drive going on at the time. Should tell you something.

Peace.

Rekks.

And by SkyWest being one of the few airlines not asking it's pilot group for concessions gives the other airlines no foot to stand on. I'm not bashing on your ALPA representation. GOOD/EVIL....bad analogy. What works for us, may not work for you, and what works for you, may not work for us. No one starts thread bashing the union carriers and convincing them to drop their representation. In respect, you should do the same.

Overall, I agree with your last post, XPOO. However, some of you other compatriots over at Skywest basically insult and deride us at our union carriers for throwing away our 1.95% in union dues. They are, defacto, tell US that we should drop our representation.

By the way, if you are a dispatcher, then this is not your fight. If you are a pilot flying the line, then you are apparently the one reasonable anti-union guy at Skywest.

Sorry you have to deal with selfish idiots like HelloNewman and SkyNation.

Peace.

Rekks

I thought the good/evil analogy was between management/labor... not union labor/non union labor.

We have more in common than not.... and we have more in common vs management than not....

Latest resources

Back