• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

For those that want to "vote and get it over with" at SKYW

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
thats a good question skynation. would you ever leave skywesst to go to another carrier that is a union carrier? hellonewman can answer as well

sure, why wouldn't I? where it is already in place, it is almost impossible to decertify it. I just don't want it here.

Very true. Skywest is like the G.A. pilot that doesn't believe in A.O.P.A. Just because nothing bad has happened to him yet, he thinks it is unnecessary.

or the citizen who doesn't believe they need the police or fire dept. You'd rather not pay taxes because you think you don't need civil services.

Or you the citizens who don't have kids think they shouldn't have to pay for public schools. Regardless if you have kids you benifit from having schools in your community...

You benefit from having representation.....

Last edited:
sure, why wouldn't I? where it is already in place, it is almost impossible to decertify it. I just don't want it here.

Not true... CAL and FedEx de-certified ALPA.. and then asked them tocome back.... now look at the FedEx agreement....

No your opinions are discounted because you're a fcuking idiot.

We figure since you're never going to wake up and smell the coffee we'll just keep kicking you (figuratively) and let you look foolish.

Nobody hates you doushbag. (misspelled purposely)
We actually feel sorry for you.
We'd hate to have to through life blind and ignorant.
And we're tired of your poser posts. You're a junior FO with SJS yet you try to come off as someone with far more experience.

Be sure and get your card sent in.

embdrvr,

Did you read those quotes in "How to Win Friends and Influence People?"

On another thread there was a lot of whining about the ALPA drive.
I kept hearing the sentiment of "vote and get it over with."

If you want to have a vote so you can "get over it" here's a very simple strategy. Sign the cards. All of you. Signing the card does not obligate you to vote for the union. Hell you don't even have to vote in the subsequent election.

The best way for you to make it all go away is to sign the card. Once that 75 or 80% figure has been reached there will be nothing holding back the election. Then if you don't want ALPA on the proerty you can vote no. Since you're so convinced that the union will get voted down why not just play along?

If your so sure it will pass why won't ALPA just hold the vote now? What are they afraid of? According to federal law they only need 35% of the cards. Why are you trying to force us to send in cards when we don't want the union. When you sign the card you say you want ALPA representing you and to conduct an election. I do not want ALPA to represent me therefore it is a lie if I send in that card. I will be happy to send in a card with the words no way on it.

Newman, I ask you this:

If you are so anti-union then you obviously would not be interested in working for ANY of the legacies, and all the majors/nationals, with the exception of JB, would you?

If your so sure it will pass why won't ALPA just hold the vote now?

Because it takes time. ALPA is slow, methodical, patient and stays on task. Issue orientated. It is the ALPA Modus Operandi. Often pilots want quick action and results.

If you are so anti-union then you obviously would not be interested in working for ANY of the legacies, and all the majors/nationals, with the exception of JB, would you?

I would goto any major that has a union if I had the right base, etc. Going to a major isn't what it used to be but the pay can still be good. I would have no problem with southwest because they don't have ALPA. Also wouldn't have a problem with United since they have bases where I would want to live. Your union dues actually get you something at the major level. At the regional level they do not. Why not save the dues while we all bide our time waiting to goto the majors. Worst case scenario our career ends up being skywest then we ended up doing pretty darn good.

Latest resources

Back