Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

?? for those that have flown major dom and intl.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you want to look like you're 75 when you're 50, pure Int'l is great.

I always tried to do a mix. A whole month of Int'l. wiped me out.

If you're at AS, I wouldn't leave for UAL or Delta just to do international. TC

If you want to look like you're 75 when you're 50, pure Int'l is great.

I always tried to do a mix. A whole month of Int'l. wiped me out.

If you're at AS, I wouldn't leave for UAL or Delta just to do international. TC
No, not planning on that. I've made my bed..been here 6 years. I was just wondering if I'm really missing anything. I'm a year or two max from an upgrade, live in base, guard unit in base, happy with the schedules. I just wish our pay would come back. I doubt we'll be getting widebodies anytime soon, but I also doubt I could go anywhere else and be slated to retire #7.

I just did BWI-LAX. 6 hours in the seat is not fun for me.

MSP-NRT? No thanks!

You don't spend anymore time in the seat going SFO-HKG then you do going BWI-LAX but you get paid for 12 hours which includes 6 hours in the bunk. Plus the aircraft is much more comfortable and as a bonus you're in HKG (a wonderful city). Having done both I MUCH prefer the international stuff.

Flying the long haul stuff in a confortable plane with pilots and flight attendants you enjoy working with can be alot of fun. You really get to know the people behind the cockpit door on these trips. At most major carriers, the food is pretty good, the layover hotels are excellent and the chance to see cities you would probably not otherwise visit is definately a plus. that being said I enjoy a mix each month of both Domestic 757 and the international 757/767 stuff. Making the leap to the 777 most likely and will do 100% international with the shortest leg being EWR-LGW as a 2 man trip blocked under 8 hours each way. I will let you know then how the ultra long haul stuff is.

IAHERJ

Ya.

You can do 8 hours in the seat, with 1 TO / 1 LND (or 0 if it's not your leg) from EWR/JFK to Europe, or you can do nearly 8 hours of flying from MDW to etc, back to MDW, back to etc, and having to definitely work for it.

Again, there are the arguments about a 50 year old INTL pilot looking like he's 70 (my dad flew for Pan Am, and that was certainly the case), but those guys typically flew a LOT harder than "intl" these days...

The "right" answer is what you and your airline does. You a 777 FO for CAL, an MD-11 FO for FedEX, a 747 FO for UPS, then YES, INTL is great and the last best job left in aviation.

You a 737 guy for CAL, a 737 guy for SWA, a CRJ guy for SkyWest, a 737 guy for AWA etc, then NO WAY, Intl makes you look old and stupid, domestic all the way!

It's all Dependant on what seat you're in....

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back