Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

For those of you who are thinking of voting for Kerry...........

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Is the Transmeridian Airlines Pilots Association affiliated with the AFL-CIO?

PHXFLYR:cool:

I saw a bumper sticker the other day that sums it all up, "Somewhere in Texas, a village is missing an idiot"

Guess who I am voting for........

FlightTraker

We make jokes about it but the truth is this presidential election really offers us a choice of two well-informed, opposing positions on every issue. OK, they both belong to John Kerry, but they're still there.

1) Won't gratuitously piss off the rest of the world and will make sure that whatever the US does is well planned. After 9/11 we had almost the entire world with us. Imagine if we'd harnessed that allegiance for the task of hunting down Al Qaeda. Two years later, Bush had managed to alienate most of the world. We shouldn't do things just to be popular, but as a matter of simple fact, America is stronger when it has the respect of the world. And we don't.

2) Neocons close to the administration really thought they create a modern democratic society out of Iraq---the same way that post WWII Germany became a paragon of western democracy. Of course, to believe this would be possible, you'd have to ignore massive differences between pre-WWII Germany and Saddam Hussein's Iraq. Germany had a long history of pre-Hitler civilization---it went through the Reformation, it went through the Enlightenment, it was, in many ways, one of the most civilized countries on earth that happened to fall under the sway of a madman---remove the madman, the underlying civilization shone through. Iraq, on the other hand, has none of those traditions. Which isn't to say that Iraq could never be a democracy, but is to say that expecting it to be like post WWII Germany is laughable.

In the end, it doesn't matter what Bush's goal was. It was a dangerous diversion from what we should have been single-mindedly pursuing---the end of religious terrorism.

46Driver said:
VC,
Just curious. You are very outspoken against Bush and his foreign policy. Tell me: 1) How Kerry's foreign policy will differ and 2) What do you think Bush's reasons and goals were by invading Iraq?

vc10 said:
Germany had a long history of pre-Hitler civilization---it went through the Reformation, it went through the Enlightenment, it was, in many ways, one of the most civilized countries on earth that happened to fall under the sway of a madman---remove the madman, the underlying civilization shone through. Iraq, on the other hand, has none of those traditions.
Are you forgetting Assyria, Mesopotamia, and Babylonia? Some of the original great civilizations on Earth? Ok, so that was several thousand years ago. Still, for someone who attempts to sound so informed you make a lot of uninformed broad-brush statements...:rolleyes:

I can't take credit for this but I saw a great one-liner posted somewhere on flightinfo.com

"A pilot voting for Bush is like a chicken voting for Colonel Sanders."

And were Assyria, Mesopotamia and Babylon democracies?

D'oh!

hoya saxa said:
Are you forgetting Assyria, Mesopotamia, and Babylonia? Some of the original great civilizations on Earth? Ok, so that was several thousand years ago. Still, for someone who attempts to sound so informed you make a lot of uninformed broad-brush statements...:rolleyes:

That's great...

Whomever is throwing around the ABB label - forgive me, all these acronyms. Call me an IVFKBDKWASF (I voted for Kerry but don't know what ABB stands for), but whatever it means, this is a moot (or, if you prefer, a moo) point! TMA does have a union - hey, I've got an idea, let's bash NADER for flying his sorry *ss around on Southwest. How DARE he fly on a non ALPA airline!! Holy unions, batman, what is the world coming to?!

I'll say it again, ya'll. Oil prices. Highest they've ever been. And climbing. No end in sight. Rich oil buddies in Crawford and elsewhere getting absolutely stinking rich. And, might I add, those absolutely stinking rich folks were the recipients of a whopping big and controversial tax cut...

But that's a whole 'nother can of worms, right?

You guys can have your ABB - I see that and I think ... isn't that on the Decee arrival into IND? WTF...over...whatever.

I wish I could vote in Ohio or Colorado instead of this great state...we haven't seen ONE political ad for about the last two months here in IL, last I checked, it's so far gone that Kerry doesn't see the need to advertise nor does Bush. Ah, well.

Take care,
-brew3

Latest resources

Back