Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

For Those About to Vote/Not Vote ALPA At SkyWest...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm going to just come right out and say it- You are like a broken record of missinformation. You really are not a deep thinker. Its almost as if you just read the anti alpa pull down menu on skywestonline and quote from there. Of course it is probably slightly more complicated than that. You in every way embody the attributes of a sell out to your peers. You are one of the sapa reps who IS IN BED WITH MANAGEMENT and it has benefited you well. Why, from your perspective would you want anything to change. Life is good for you so all your pilot brethren be damned! You do not represent your flying peers, you represent numero uno and that is it. You are the last person we ever wanted in Sapa representing us and yet you and many of the others, not unlike cockroaches do nothing to help, only take for yourself, leaving a foul stench for those you should have represented behind. Do I care for your kind? No, I despise your kind. You sir are the one in aviation that needs to get out before this profession is left so carved it up it will never have the chance to recover.

Man, that was beautiful! It's like reading poetry... we could've used this same paragraph to describe a few of the scumbags in the CAL MEC and N/C during our Contract '02 "negotiations". I know that ALPA isn't perfect and is really only as good as the guys that are in office. You get a bunch of loser management wannabes and company "yes men" in those seats and the rest of the line pilots get absolutely hosed. During our last go around we were left wondering on who's behalf were our union guys negotiating, the pilots or the company? So these guys got theirs from the company, one even took a management job while the rest rarely have to work under the crappy contract they negotiated (gave away). But I digress...

As I said above, ALPA ain't perfect, but it's better than nothing. And, just as a data point, my brother has been at SKW for 13+ years and will be voting for ALPA when the time comes. Not all of the senior guys have been brainwashed.

CFIT, what did SkyWest pilots get in exchange for the bucket system?

CFIT, of the hundreds of thousands, if not millions of dollars that SkyWest saves each year with PBS, how much of that did SAPA negotiate to be shared with the pilots?

easy.. alpa does not represent me or anyone at SktWest currently.. and im pretty sure they wont.

Sir-

I suggest you get your head out of the sand and off the island. Acutally, no one repsresents you at Skywest. But ALPA in fact does effect your career... you've just chosen duct tape over critical thought and democracy.

When ALPA, on Capitol Hill, influences federal legislation that effects ALL Air Line pilots, you better believe that ALPA represents you. The problem is....you have chosen to...put your head in the sand...

The false consciousness is truely amazing....

false consciousness
–noun
1.a Marxist theory that people are unable to see things, esp. exploitation, oppression, and social relations, as they really are; the hypothesized inability of the human mind to develop a sophisticated awareness of how it is developed and shaped by circumstances.
any belief or view that prevents a person from being able to understand the true nature of a situation.

as an island person you are claiming to know about complex issues on the other side of the world...

Are there FFDO's at SKWY? Thank ALPA.

On line jumpseating after 9/11. Thank ALPA.

Is SKYW immune from BK? the recent push for BK reform to protect airline employees..thank ALPA.

The recent win to obligate the TSA to give airline workers dedicated and seperate airport access..thank ALPA.

Got integrity? Then reject this small sample of ALPA advances and see how you like flying jets..

Got integrity? then apply to only non ALPA, non union carriers for your career.

Explain the SWA factor... SWA makes unions partners in their success. So maybe its more than just ALPA... maybe its your management?

Probably, if the union gets in here it will be the worst place to be anyway.

It will be funny watching all those with ALPA stickers on their flight case peeling them off because management sees them as a target.

Are they going to fire all the ALPA supporters? Sounds like a great place to work.

Latest resources

Back