Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

For Those About to Vote/Not Vote ALPA At SkyWest...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you want to have an intelligent debate then why dont you write a similar document refuting the point that I am making...that SAPA sucks worst than ALPA. The job we do and conditions/pay we work under are inseperably connected to quality of life when accounting for income, days off, ability to get days, working conditions, etc. Doing a little research and making an effort to help myself and those around me is a small price to pay for what is at stake. It is people like you that dont bother researching beyond your own meager experience who are the problem. Thats right, go bury your head in the sand only to come up to spew your anti-alpa mantra until you realise Jerry and Co wasnt the kind fatherly figure you thought he was when he introduced you to your new hire class 8 months ago.

I've been here almost 17 years.

Trust me, I know this industry.

All good, take all these uneducated, miserable, people to another carrier with one of those incredible contracts from ALPA, like ASA, and it will be peace on earth.

The only alternative is to pull their head out take in some O2 and realize today's airline environment.

The truth and reality, two things you seem to steer clear of are that Skywest hurt ASA's negotiations. If the pilots of Skywest, the most profitable regional in the industry had raised the bar and not taken the very highly slanted advice of Sapa (ie 99 seats for 50 seat pay, and now no hard raise...only a deceptive overide pay program that doesnt seem to be applicable in so many cases its making heads spin, work rule losses, etc) the pilots of ASA would probably have had a contract. Skywest is hurting everone including themselves when they let their future get tossed to the dogs every time sapa meets with their boss. Ill give you a hint, the working pilot at skywest is not sapa's boss.

You have been at skywest for 17 years? There is only one reasonable explanation, you are a part of Sapa? I want a a truthful answer?

Yes, and so are you. You can place your pissed off energy at making it work or take it to another carrier, but your type of arogant attitude is getting old for those of us that have been here when the rules were very different.

How many ALPA carriers have you flown for? How long have you been at Skywest?
1. and ive been here for 2 years... you can now say how i dont know the industry ill change my mind... ive been in the business long enough... i knew the pay and work rules when i took the job.. SkyWest is and will always be better than most alpa regionals. you cannot argue that.. alpa is a poweless dying artifact of the way things used to be.

continue hating... oh and who do i thank for the lunches?

And if ALPA wins will you kindly reciprocate?

(Hopefully looking forward to moving up a number.)

Probably, if the union gets in here it will be the worst place to be anyway.

It will be funny watching all those with ALPA stickers on their flight case peeling them off because management sees them as a target.

Do you fly the CRJ or EMB? How long have you been a Check Airman?

Metro, Emb, CRJ, no LCA.

How long have you been here?
Was SAPA in place when you applied?
Ever hard flown 9.5 hours + and 12 legs in a Metro for 7.1 hours of pay?

Maybe you don't know all that has occured?

Latest resources

Back