Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

For Those About to Vote/Not Vote ALPA At SkyWest...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Your 50 seat pilots got paid considerably more than our 50 seat pilots during those 5 years..... Would you rather get the pay up front or wait 5 years to get a signing bonus that doesn't even equal what you would have gotten during those 5 years?

A 50 seat pilot at Skywest will have gotten more than he would have gotten here even with the signing bonus.....

Would you care to throw some hard numbers out there to back up your argument?

What about the CRJ700s?

Don't forget the Brazillia guys either. How does their 0% raise compare to any of your pilots?

Your 50 seat pilots got paid considerably more than our 50 seat pilots during those 5 years..... Would you rather get the pay up front or wait 5 years to get a signing bonus that doesn't even equal what you would have gotten during those 5 years?

A 50 seat pilot at Skywest will have gotten more than he would have gotten here even with the signing bonus.....

That will be water under the bridge. I would rather have ALPA and a contract, so SGU can't take it away over night. Sapa, with mandates from SGU, gave you PBS. PBS is concessionary, costing your pilot group about 7-10 % in pay. What did you get in negotiations for it? What happened to the separate rates for the 70 that did not materialize? Oh yeah, you have an overide based on some convoluted block scheme that nets less money than advertised. Some are concerned about paying ALPA dues? I guarantee you that PBS, crammed down your throats for nothing in return, costs you about 3 times ALPA dues every year! Bon aperitif!

Be glad that ALPA and ASA negotiated better rates. It most likely kept you from taking a pay cut.

ALPA is not perfect. No institution run by man ever will be. However, I would rather pay ALPA dues and enjoy the many services, than get SAPA for free, funded by the company. You may not be directly paying for SAPA, but looking at some of the programs they've sold you, it puts a whole new perspective on the word "free." SAPA is simply a facade for Management!

Last edited:
That will be water under the bridge. I would rather have ALPA and a contract, so SGU can't take it away over night. Sapa, with mandates from SGU, gave you PBS. PBS is concessionary, costing your pilot group about 7-10 % in pay. What did you get in negotiations for it? What happened to the separate rates for the 70 that did not materialize? Oh yeah, you have an overide based on some convoluted block scheme that nets less money than advertised. Some are concerned about paying ALPA dues? I guarantee you that PBS, crammed down your throats for nothing in return, costs you about 3 times ALPA dues every year! Bon aperitif!

Be glad that ALPA and ASA negotiated better rates. It most likely kept you from taking a pay cut.

ALPA is not perfect. No institution run by man ever will be. However, I would rather pay ALPA dues and enjoy the many services, than get SAPA for free, funded by the company. You may not be directly paying for SAPA, but looking at some of the programs they've sold you, it puts a whole new perspective on the word "free." SAPA is simply a facade for Management!

I think you're dead on here! I'd rather be tossing a tax deductable 1.95% at the end of the month than to be paying the several days of my life and that of my family each month to the company so they can cover flying. Not enough pilots? Staff the f'ing airline properly. De Nile is a river of kool-aid that flows from SGU. I guess some of our guys are real happy with a BOHICA canoe and the folks in SAPA and SGU paddleing us down the river.

I think you're dead on here! I'd rather be tossing a tax deductable 1.95% at the end of the month than to be paying the several days of my life and that of my family each month to the company so they can cover flying. Not enough pilots? Staff the f'ing airline properly. De Nile is a river of kool-aid that flows from SGU. I guess some of our guys are real happy with a BOHICA canoe and the folks in SAPA and SGU paddleing us down the river.

Dude, that's harsh...don't forget you work for "the employer of choice"!

You clearly dont understand EVERYTHING about the career. Please rat me out to my CP need his #? I'll pm you if you need it.... I get compensated very well for my other flying- is that wrong? I dont log it..

Doesn't matter if you log it. You can't fly for hire more than 100 hours in a month, or 1000 in a year, and that includes ALL of your flying for hire. If you do, and the FAA finds out, you WILL be violated.

Making contracts when things are good is not when alpo should be judged. It is when things are bad! alpo gets an F!!! Did skyw take a pay cut...EVER!
GO alpo?

Did ASA take a paycut? EVER? Why don't you crawl back under the CEOs desk.

Yes SkyWest pilots did take a pay cut after 9/11, Management took away all COLA adjustments for all employees. Management took a 10% pay cut but got it back in 6 months.

How has ALPA performed?

After 5 years of negotiations, over half of the pilots at ASA are getting a raise of a dollar or less....

So which other fleet isn't getting more than a $1/hour raise? The ATRs or the 50 seaters? Cause half of ASAs fleet isn't 70 seaters, not even close.

Wrong. You just don;t understand. Many companies will fire an employee/pilot becuase the company made a mistake in training. Instead of owning up to it, the company will make the problem go away. ALPA ensures the policy and procedures are followed. Is that fair? Is that professional?

I went to work years ago at a non-ALPA carrier, and was in training on the Metro III (for a part 135 operator). Turns out they were using the old manuals for system training, and didn't account for a major change in the aircraft's electrical system. Caused me to bust the oral. Did the company step up and say 'Hey, our bad. Here's the updated system. Check back with us in a few days and we'll put you through again.' Nope. Wouldn't have happened at an ALPA carrier.

And I now have the added benefit of living with a failed type ride on my certificate. Looks great in a job interview.

Don't ever think for a second it can't happen to you.

Your post is right on, Rez.

Peace.

Rekks

Latest resources

Back