Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

RJones

Rico SWAFO
Hope you fine folks could help me out. Wondering if you take Southwest Jumpseaters?

Thanks in advance, RJ

I have been Jumping Freedom out of PHX to DFW and have only good things to say. Even got put in First Class.
They can ride on us anytime.

I jump on Mesa/Freedom every week and they (pilots, FAs, Gate Agents, Rampers) are always very nice to me. There are a lot of really great people at that company ther leadership obviously sucks. 2 gate agents trying to board 4 flights out of the same gate in PHX etc. There will be like 250 confused passengers in the B concourse at Sky Harbor all wondering which gate their flight is suppossed to go out of. It seems very disorganized at times and their employees still maintain a good attitude in spite of what poor leadreship they have. It really sucks when management does not realize that the most important asset you have at a company is good people! It will bite JO in the ass some day it is only a matter of time!

Skydog:p

Sky-doggie said:
I jump on Mesa/Freedom every week and they (pilots, FAs, Gate Agents, Rampers) are always very nice to me. There are a lot of really great people at that company ther leadership obviously sucks. 2 gate agents trying to board 4 flights out of the same gate in PHX etc. There will be like 250 confused passengers in the B concourse at Sky Harbor all wondering which gate their flight is suppossed to go out of. It seems very disorganized at times and their employees still maintain a good attitude in spite of what poor leadreship they have. It really sucks when management does not realize that the most important asset you have at a company is good people! It will bite JO in the ass some day it is only a matter of time!

Skydog:p

Passengers get confused if it was 1 flight at one gate. :D

Airbusdriver said:
Freedom pilots are NOT welcome in America West cockpits!!!

Yes, everyone knows that already. It's been said many times before.

RJ

Freedom was a non- union airline formed by MESA Pres. Jonathan Orenstein while MESA was in contract negotiations. Orenstein took all the 70 and 90 seat RJ'S Mesa had on order and gave them to Freedom to operate rather than Mesa. This forced the MESA ALPA pilots to negotite a concessionary contract that not only hurt them in some regards, but also dragged down the entire regional airline industry to boot. Sad part is , 28 Senior MESA pilots crossed over to Freedom to help get this thing off the ground in return for SKYWEST 50 seat RJ pay. I commute from the east coast , alot more challenging than your DFW commute. PHX-DFW is served by AA, Delta, America West and SW thru DAL.
Why anyone in his right mind would even consider a Freedom jumpseat ride home is beyond me

PHXFLYR:cool:

Latest resources

Back