• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

For anyone considering PSA - please read this post

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I just got my last paycheck in the mail from PSA.. I worked 5 days in the pay period and they actually cut me a check for 0.00. How nice of them...Good riddence.

D328, the same thing just happened to me. I checked and rechecked and they stole from me once again. . . .

they wrote me a check fo .82 cents and then one for 0.00 before they were done with me. And I had worked a least one 4 day in that pay period, as I recall. I had sick time and money in the uniform account that I just left behind.

It's a shame when you have to double check your pay twice a month to make sure you're not getting nickel and dimed out of $$ you've earned.

Lear Love, your insecurities are so obvious. I bet you're one of those guys that hangs out at a small town FBO on your days off trying to impress everyone.

We have all heard about your penis size from the gay FA's, but guess what, they now have operations for that. This is a real life limitation for you. Get over yourself and for God's sake, star using your preparation H again! So, I guess you're the only one being laughed at :)

Don't disrespect a " E-170 mainline pilot" on a regional board, it's bad carma. :rolleyes:

I hope all you flight school guys are reading this and getting the message! STAY AWAY!

To our Management, Have fun trying to run this place with no pilots!

Last edited:
That explanation that LyodChristmas gave sounds pretty standard to me for flying at a regional. It is what it is. I flew at a regional for several years; didn’t have a union to protect us, and probably worked harder for less money. I'm a little tired of all you guys with 500 hours, that jump on the regionals with the ink still drying on your certificates, whom then complain about the hard airline life. If this was 5 or more years ago, you would have need a couple of thousand hours just to be looked at. The guys back in the 80s had to work for years flying freight at night just to build several thousand hours….just enough to get a regional job. You should appreciate the job opportunity you have. Life is never going to be easy at a regional. The company knows that they can replace you with a hundred other guys willing to work harder than you and get paid less, so that is why things will never be great at a regional. You think the major airline life is going to be better? Yeah, you will get paid more, but it will be the same old stuff going on. If you hate where you work at, look at corporate flying, look at the fractionals, look at charter. There are many different things to do out there.

There is no doubt PSA is a rough place to be. I for one don't have a great deal of positives to say about its operation and the way its run. Which is shame. The majority of the pilot group are outstanding people and lots of fun to work with and the airline itself could be a great place to work.

It does serve a purpose though. If you do decide to go there, get some time and get out. There ARE majors hiring without turbine PIC time and the grass IS greener on the other side!

That explanation that LyodChristmas gave sounds pretty standard to me for flying at a regional. It is what it is. I flew at a regional for several years; didn’t have a union to protect us, and probably worked harder for less money. I'm a little tired of all you guys with 500 hours, that jump on the regionals with the ink still drying on your certificates, whom then complain about the hard airline life. If this was 5 or more years ago, you would have need a couple of thousand hours just to be looked at. The guys back in the 80s had to work for years flying freight at night just to build several thousand hours….just enough to get a regional job. You should appreciate the job opportunity you have. Life is never going to be easy at a regional. The company knows that they can replace you with a hundred other guys willing to work harder than you and get paid less, so that is why things will never be great at a regional. You think the major airline life is going to be better? Yeah, you will get paid more, but it will be the same old stuff going on. If you hate where you work at, look at corporate flying, look at the fractionals, look at charter. There are many different things to do out there.

First of all, I do not fall in to the category you are aiming this comment at. That being said, the flaw in your logic is thinking that just because someone doesn't have a great deal of experience they deserve to be treated the way I know that PSA treats its employees. I hated it and I quit because of it. Everything mentioned prior to this I can back up as complete fact.

The additional flaw in your logic is that one shouldn't complain because it's par for the course. While I don't think that it truly is, that still doesn't matter. That's like saying that POWs shouldn't have complained about the conditions at the Hanoi Hilton (extreme analogy, but you get the point). "It's a POW camp, what do you expect?"

To say a "regional is a regional" and to expect just that, is not right.
A pilot at a regional or at mainline is still a pilot and should be treated as such. There should be little or no difference in the way we get treated vs a major airline pilot. Why does US Airways have $2/hr per diem and we have $1.34? Does food cost less for regional pilots? Does starbucks give us a regional discount? Just because we fly 9 legs instead of 2 doesn't mean we should be treated like 3rd class citizens.
Our management tells us that the SSO books our hotels? Then why would the SSO put us in different hotels then mainline? Cause its all lies, lies and more lies.

Latest resources

Back