• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

For anyone considering PSA - please read this post

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dude we have a 9, that's NINE leg day next month.

How's that for improving moral.
Who wants to take bets on the crew calling in sick?

WE have a nine leg day? I didn't see that one. Whats the pairing number or line that it's on?

Is that even legal?

- For the question about dead heading... Yes- They need to deadhead crews to and from dayton and knoxville alot because it's not a hub it's just a crew base. So you'll deadhead to CLT do some flying and then deadhead back to base. For half price!

And some times 8. They even scheduled some 9 leggers for May, but believe it or not, the contract held up and they re did them.

It's not as bad as Mr. Christmas makes it out to be. It certainly ain't great either.

Most of the things he's hit upon a very true (I think we don't do PNS as an overnight anymore though!)

The thing is, if you go to work, do your job and then come home and not worry about it, it becomes less of a problem. Don't get me wrong, there are tons of things I would like to see changed, most pertaining to how our management runs things, or doesn't run things. But I think that one would find these problems (and others we might not have right now) at other regionals.

Day 1

CLT - FAY
FAY - CLT
CLT- LEX
LEX - CLT
CLT - FAY
FAY - CLT
CLT - CAE
CAE - CLT
CLT - AVL

Day is worth 7:45

Day Two
AVL - CLT
CLT - CAK

9 hr rest...in this craphole

Day 3

CAK - CLT

Done:::::::: 11hr 3 day.

Day 1

CLT - FAY
FAY - CLT
CLT- LEX
LEX - CLT
CLT - FAY
FAY - CLT
CLT - CAE
CAE - CLT
CLT - AVL

Day is worth 7:45

Day Two
AVL - CLT
CLT - CAK

9 hr rest...in this craphole

Day 3

CAK - CLT

Done:::::::: 11hr 3 day.

HA HA HA AWESOME! I LOVE TO SEE THESE GUYS THAT DON'T WORK HERE TRY TO AGRUE WITH US ABOUT HOW IT'S NOT THAT BAD WHEN WE POST THINGS LIKE WE HAVE TONIGHT!

"AND A GOOD DAAAAAYA"

God, typical. Pairings like that used to drive me nuts. Huge days followed by two days of sitting on but, then day 4 starting at like 1700 and ending at 2300. And of course the 4 hour sits in CLT throughout. How many times did I check the non rev list to see if there was someone riding that could cover my last leg and let me go home.

---More funny PSA stuff from another board.---

1st Quarter Financial Summary:

Revenues are up 15% as we have figured a way to borrow funds from our employees for 2-6 weeks when they use their sick time, and reinvest that at the overnight Fed funds rate, currently 5.26%.

Revenue-miles are up 7% as we have expanded into the New Bern and Greensboro markets with our exciting 70- and 90-seat jets.

Labor expenses are down 2% as we have reduced flight attendant turnover from 50% to 40% per annum.

Fuel expenses are down 10% despite an increase in the cost per gallon. We have achieved this savings by cancelling approx. 16 flights per day.

Training expenses were reduced 25%. This was achieved by not filling vacancies caused by attrition.

Corporate costs decreased 10% this quarter by switching software from Windows 95 to Windows 3.1, aka SHARES (tm). SHARES screensavers use less energy.

Unfortunately, administrative costs continue to rise 5% monthly due to the expense of processing increased FMLA requests.

Latest resources

Back