For All You FLOPS BJ Pilots, a little memory lane action

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What an A$$.

There is only one standard to judge how any componant works in an airplane. That of the manufacturer.

If you apply any other standard, you are breaking the rules and regulations that apply to the limitations of the componant.

If you place your standard to judge how a componant is to work it's clear that you don't know your job or can judge if it's airworthy or not.

If you apply your "standards" to anything to that you consider "broke", then it's clear that you will apply your standards to items that are broken but you think are airworthy because you haven't a clue as to what is and isn't airworthy.

It isn't management threats, it's because you haven't a freaking clue as to what you are doing and somebody has to hold your hand through the process.

What an unsafe idiot you are.

You think playing these union games will make you a hero amongst your brethren. Union pressure is far more dangerous than anything management does because of mob mentality.

Bob, That was an interesting spin you made to my post. At what point in my post did I ever state that I was applying my own standards? I follow the manufacturer's standards as I was trained to do so by employer.

So my question to you Bob is, Why when I apply Manufacturer standards posted on a checklist, AFM, POH, or the manufacturer's mechanics tech manual to a discrepancy do you accuse me of disrupting operations? Why is it when I follow manufacturer's data do you accuse me of "being an A$$" "being an unsafe idiot" " not have a freaking clue what i'm doing"?

Since when do you, a PSM, or any other member of management have any legal right to disregard manufacturer data and apply your own standards?

Have you been following the investigations of the Challenger 600 that crashed on departure in TEB? Management forged the weight and balance data to show the BEW was over 1000# less than actual, they forced the pilots to tanker excessive loads of fuel when it was cheap to buy, they violated crew rest and training requirements, they failed to properly perform scheduled and unsceduled maintenance. Sounds like your management style!

There is no use trying to reason with you as you will never understand.

I am the link between the manufacuter and the company. I am the one responsible in determining the manufacturers standards as they pertain to safety. The manufacter, FAA and the company rely upon ME to dertemin if all the standards for saftey are met. If they are, then the plae moves and makes money. If they are not, then it will be written up or defered.

There, that should add a few more pages.

I am the link between the manufacuter and the company. I am the one responsible in determining the manufacturers standards as they pertain to safety. The manufacter, FAA and the company rely upon ME to dertemin if all the standards for saftey are met. If they are, then the plae moves and makes money. If they are not, then it will be written up or defered.

There, that should add a few more pages.

It all goes back to the defined interpretation. If you don't understand what you are looking at, you can't understand what works and what doesn't. That is where the company and manufacturer sets the standards, not you.

The list that started this thread is designed to overide company established standards and interpretations for the sole purpose of disrupting operations due to a union action, otherwise it would have never been published on this board.

There are many items on the list which are subjective and are designed to create problems where there are none.

Ignore B19 (Bob)

He is just here to convince a few sheep that Flops will look out for their best interest and that thinking on your own is not required, Flops will do it for you and feed you to the FAA when needed.

It is all part of the Flight Options Management Culture. The Cult actually believes that the only way to make a buck is to be willing to break every law in the book.

There are many flight departments that have been successful for many years by following the laws. They are reputable companies and the crews are proud to be a part of it.

He is just here to convince a few sheep that Flops will look out for their best interest and that thinking on your own is not required, Flops will do it for you and feed you to the FAA when needed.

It is all part of the Flight Options Management Culture. The Cult actually believes that the only way to make a buck is to be willing to break every law in the book.

There are many flight departments that have been successful for many years by following the laws. They are reputable companies and the crews are proud to be a part of it.

Yep...I saw this with the SaladMan. He was absolutely willing to throw any subordinate under the bus, as long as he was spared.

At actual, professionally run organizations, the management's relationships with FAA are often used to prevent government levied sanctions from being imposed, and allowing training and administrative sanction to be imposed instead. This is usually a win-win...instead of a violation or LoC from the FAA, the miscreant gets a couple of weeks on the beach without pay and/or a training evolution/checkride.

Good old J.S., being a career USAF guy and not exactly completely knowledgable on certificate operation (even we were/weren't a certificate), FLOPS working relationship with any FSDO was so bad, and J.S. personal reputation so shaky, that the back-channel option simply wasn't available.

So, any FLOPS crew that got themselves in hot water (some deservately, others not so) were basically on their own, without an advocate.

And after this happened numerous times, the FLOPS management is still shocked the vote went the way it did.

Be careful what you ask for...

You're funny...

First, I encourage you to ignore me. I've been saying that for years... however:

What I encourage is for pilots to think on their own, not become part of the mob and place their efforts into improving the company by working with the company rather than against the company by screwing things up with a union.

Unions grow from a few individuals that think they know it all and sell it to the group that it's a great idea. In the process they alienate management and the entire workforce around them, crippling the company and creating endless turmoil as has happened at FLOPS.

Suddenly, the company can't do anything right and moral goes down the tubes and the union knows it all.

There isn't one managment team in any air carrier that is willing to break the rules. I've seen unions break the rules (that's why there have been so many court injuntions against union behavior).

You're funny...

There isn't one managment team in any air carrier that is willing to break the rules. I've seen unions break the rules (that's why there have been so many court injuntions against union behavior).

I guess that $10.2 Million Dollar fine against WN was in my imagination?

Or the $10 Million dollar management "mistake" at TAG over operational control issues?

Just my imagination, I'm sure.

Latest resources

Back