For All You FLOPS BJ Pilots, a little memory lane action

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Good. You finally figured it out.

Man, he will NEVER figure it out. What it boils down to is its the Captain's ass in the seat. He is responsible for everyones else's ass that is in his/her plane.

I would never want to ride with a Captain who chose to fly specifically because some engineer's computer told him it would work. I can see the grave stone now : "My company said it was airworthy."

Man, he will NEVER figure it out. What it boils down to is its the Captain's ass in the seat. He is responsible for everyones else's ass that is in his/her plane.

I would never want to ride with a Captain who chose to fly specifically because some engineer's computer told him it would work. I can see the grave stone now : "My company said it was airworthy."

REVEREND!

Bob, Since, Citation Shares and Flexjet chose to match/exceed the pay of Netjets that makes the Netjets contract the industry standard. What you give the Flight Options pilots is completely laughable with wages that don't even keep up with inflation. When you further compare it to the actual hours a Flight Options pilot flies compared to Netjets, Citation Shares or Flexjet, the Flight Options pilot makes even less because they constantly fly more per month. Since you are constantly comparing the fractionals to the 121 carriers, guess how the Flight Options pilots compare with salary and work rules? You are right, the bottom of the list! Why do you fear paying your employees a fair wage and giving them the protection of a fair labor contract?

First, it's not me... I would not have been nearly as patient with the shenangans that you guys write about on these boards.

Next, the cost of a contract isn't only about the wages, it's about work rules and the rest of the contract such as healthcare, time off, training, hotels and transportation. Wages are just a small part of the equation in a CBA.

As an example, look at the difference between UAW union workers and non-union workers and the cost to build a car.

The wages are virtually identical. Yet the cost to build a car is SO much less on the non-union side which is allowing the non-union carmakers to remain competitive.

If the above is true, why hasn't the consumer seen the discount, BTW the UAW has made plenty of concessions of late to compete. The sad part of this story is consumer sentiment for the domestics needs to improve. Much like the fractional in question.
News Flash.....low wages dont=profits or a superior product. Perception, followed up with a stong CSI is the key to profitability in this or any market.
Easy business with right group of people behind you.

Federal court upholds ban on pilots disrupting United service during contract talks

If the above is true, why hasn't the consumer seen the discount, BTW the UAW has made plenty of concessions of late to compete. The sad part of this story is consumer sentiment for the domestics needs to improve. Much like the fractional in question.
News Flash.....low wages dont=profits or a superior product. Perception, followed up with a stong CSI is the key to profitability in this or any market.
Easy business with right group of people behind you.

If you note, one of my biggest problems with unions is that they don't flow with the balance sheet of the company.

As you state above, the UAW has made concessions of late to compete. Had they stepped up to the plate earlier, how many overall union and non-union jobs may have been saved or could the organization have had the ability to adjust quicker to the changing market?

That can also be said of United, Delta and American labor unions. They took concessions when they were either forced to or about to be forced to. Before it got to that point, and is the current case of autoworkers, many non-union workers were sacrificed and lost their jobs first because of the high cost of the contract and the lack of action by unions.

My point about unions is that they inhibit the ability of a company to adjust quickly to the marketplace. The best

Non-union imported auto workers have a lot more job stablilty than the UAW workers do and are paid about the same yet the cost per hour to produce a car is a staggering amount less.

Now... to get this thread back on track, the courts in Illinois backed United to prevent the slowdowns. While this isn't specifically about the mechanical write up campaign that is being supported on this thread, it is about "holding to the letter of the contract" and the overall effect being to disrupt the airline operations. As I've stated before, the courts are no longer willing to play these union games.

Federal court upholds ban on pilots disrupting United service during contract talks

6:55 PM CDT, March 9, 2009

United Airlines notched a legal victory Monday when a federal appeals court let stand a preliminary injunction that bars the carrier's pilots union from interfering with United's operations.

The restraining order keeps union leaders and members on their best behavior heading into contract negotiations that open in April and are expected to be contentious.

The Air Line Pilots Association is prohibited from instigating or encouraging any work stoppage, sick-out, slow down, work-to-rule campaign or a concerted refusal to accept overtime assignments.

The lower court also ordered the union and its leaders to take all reasonable steps within their power to prevent pilots from taking those actions.
United won the restraining order from a U.S. District Court in Chicago last fall after a group of its junior pilots allegedly engaged in a "sick-out" in July after learning that their jobs would likely be eliminated as the Chicago-based carrier furloughed 950 active pilots.

Judge Joan Lefkow found that the union had participated in a campaign to disrupt United operations over the previous two years by pressuring pilots to stick to the letter of their contract and refuse overtime assignments when United was short-handed.

In its appeal, the union contended that Lefkow had ignored a six-month statute of limitations on purportedly unlawful job actions and that an injunction wasn't necessary since the sick-out had ended months earlier. However, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit agreed with Lefkow that stronger measurers were warranted.

United has since asked Lefkow to make the injunction permanent. An ALPA spokesman said the union had not decided whether it would appeal Monday's ruling.

Application of standards....

You will never figure it out either.

I would never want to ride with a Captain who chose to fly specifically because he applied his own standards and thought he understood a system rather than what some engineer's computer told him of how it would work.

I can see the grave stone now : "I applied my own standards and thought it was airworthy but it really wasn't."

NetJets has the ONLY industry contract genius.

And as a result will tumble the hardest when the cutbacks happen. The sad part is that all the other employees will suffer from the cutbacks first.

Then, the genius of those working for fracs that kept 1108 off their company property will be supported in full.

You will never figure it out either.

I would never want to ride with a Captain who chose to fly specifically because he applied his own standards and thought he understood a system rather than what some engineer's computer told him of how it would work.

I can see the grave stone now : "I applied my own standards and thought it was airworthy but it really wasn't."

Cool! Don't buy a share on NetJets then. You wouldn't like all the pilots who "apply all their own standards". I'm not the only one.

BTW, our safety record speaks for itself.

And as a result will tumble the hardest when the cutbacks happen. The sad part is that all the other employees will suffer from the cutbacks first.

Then, the genius of those working for fracs that kept 1108 off their company property will be supported in full.

What are you talking about? CS has already cut back. NO UNION!

Flex cut back. NO UNION!

FLOPS cut back. NO CBA!

NetJets HASN'T cut back either bargaining or NON-bargaining employees. UNION.

Statistics are against you. Now, IF NetJets decides to cut back in the future, which I don't think they will, we will probably cut back more people than all the others combined. Why? We have over 5000 employees in the US alone.

Latest resources

Back