• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

For All You FLOPS BJ Pilots, a little memory lane action

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Unfortunately for your argument B, erring on the side of caution enhances aviation safety and is what professional pilots, not union busters like you, get paid for. Keep grasping at straws though, you're doing a great job.

How do you detirmine if something is working correctly or not? You go by a list on the internet or do you actually use the approved AFM? The list beginning this post has many subjective items on it.

Company and industry standards are the ONLY standards that exist. Anything outside of that is the work of a pure amateur. This has nothing to do with unions, it's all about being professionial.

Your arguments just show that you guys have agendas and that takes precedence over being pro pilots.

You think it's funny. I think it's arrogant that you apply your own standards instead of company and industry standards.

If you apply your own standards to say that it's not airworthy, how do you know when it is airworthy?

What a joke you are... you're unsafe fischman....

I still don't understand how I'm "unsafe" because I would choose NOT to fly if I'm unsure as to the airworthiness of something?

If I'm the joke, how come you're the one being sooo funny?

just leave it fisch....he don't get it. Don't waste your time.

I have to admit that the absurdity of his statement has me enthralled.

How do you detirmine if something is working correctly or not? You go by a list on the internet or do you actually use the approved AFM? The list beginning this post has many subjective items on it.

Company and industry standards are the ONLY standards that exist. Anything outside of that is the work of a pure amateur. This has nothing to do with unions, it's all about being professionial.

Your arguments just show that you guys have agendas and that takes precedence over being pro pilots.

Bob, for once you said somthing logical. Net Jets have the industry standard contract while the wages and company standards that the Flight Options pilots work under are just pure amature. When are you going to sign the contract and treat the Flight Option pilots as professionals?

Bob, for once you said somthing logical. Net Jets have the industry standard contract while the wages and company standards that the Flight Options pilots work under are just pure amature. When are you going to sign the contract and treat the Flight Option pilots as professionals?

No, Netjets does NOT have the industry standard contract. They have the industry LEADING contract, which translates to the most EXPENSIVE contract.

If Netjets had the industry standard contract, then everybody would be paid their wages.

The last aviation unions that negotiated "industry leading contracts" also had their companies go into bankruptcy as a result and took a lot of innocent jobs and people with them.

Those with industry standard contracts faired much better. For those at NJ, I hope it doesn't happen, but when the correction occurs, that industry leading contract is going to also lead the industry in the adjustment. Other unions will never come up to the numbers of Netjets, but the NJ numbers will come down to the rest of the industry.

You can't have it both ways.

I still don't understand how I'm "unsafe" because I would choose NOT to fly if I'm unsure as to the airworthiness of something?

If I'm the joke, how come you're the one being sooo funny?

Fischman, you haven't answered the question. (not unusual), but I think your egotisical attitude is one that is unsafe.

You state above that you don't understand because you choose NOT to fly if you are unsure about the airworthiness of an item.

What I am saying, is by you applying your own standards rather than industry standards, it is likely that you would operate an unsafe airplane with an item that is airworthy by your standards and not airworthy by industry standards.

If your standards are not the same as the company or industry standards, how does anybody know if something that YOU deem is airworthy is actually airworthy or not?

You state if you are not comfortable with an airplane it's your right not to fly it.

But industry standard is not YOUR comfort zone, it's industry standards, your comfort zone is meaningless.

So, the question once again is... if you apply your standards to determine if something is not airworthy, how does anybody know that your standards are sufficient to determine if something is airworthy?

It's got nothing to do with grounding an airplane, it's the set of standards that you choose to use. That's what makes you an amateur and unsafe.

You can't have it both ways.

Bob, Since, Citation Shares and Flexjet chose to match/exceed the pay of Netjets that makes the Netjets contract the industry standard. What you give the Flight Options pilots is completely laughable with wages that don't even keep up with inflation. When you further compare it to the actual hours a Flight Options pilot flies compared to Netjets, Citation Shares or Flexjet, the Flight Options pilot makes even less because they constantly fly more per month. Since you are constantly comparing the fractionals to the 121 carriers, guess how the Flight Options pilots compare with salary and work rules? You are right, the bottom of the list! Why do you fear paying your employees a fair wage and giving them the protection of a fair labor contract?

No, Netjets does NOT have the industry standard contract. They have the industry LEADING contract, which translates to the most EXPENSIVE contract.
NetJets has the ONLY industry contract genius.

Latest resources

Back