• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

For All You FLOPS BJ Pilots, a little memory lane action

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What I mean is I have the final authority. That is written in the regs. It's like saying you are charged with parking your car in your own garage. You jealous neighbor hates it, but it's legal. Or, "christians against Christ".....it just don't make sence.

I dont know, Ive been flying for 30+ years and when I write something up it gets fixed. No questions asked. Of all the crap out there, the one thing management learned from me is dont fck with me on saftey and write ups.

Maybe it's something else but I've never had any problems writing up planes.

All I'm doing broke is letting you know that when a work slowdown happens that's how they trend it and pin the guys/unions to the wall. Lists like this are poison to use in a union action and don't help a soul.

Engine plug?

The problem was whether it was "bad luck" or incompetence, the real problem was the attempted cover-up/failure to report it, which could have jeopardized another crews safety! Quite frankly if what I heard is true, he should be outed by name!

Engine plug Ed may be outed by name, who knows? Bottom line is he acted EXTREMELY irresponsibly with relation to regs, common sense, all accepted safety practices, and management seemed to turn a blind eye.

Engine plug Ed may be outed by name, who knows? Bottom line is he acted EXTREMELY irresponsibly with relation to regs, common sense, all accepted safety practices, and management seemed to turn a blind eye.

Remember the days when "Earl the Pearl" flew around for about three days having to manually extend the gear in the Challenger because it wouldn't come down the normal way? When KC found out about it, he was immediately fired. KC was the only "management pilot" that actually respected the regs as well as the rank & file pilot. It's too bad he found a better job, I miss those days!

Last edited:
Earl the dunce...

Yeah, I remember that all too well...and another good pilot got screwed over by that after mx asked him to return the plane directly to CGF gear down, but never issued a ferry permit...

These are the kinds of idiots mgmt (INCLUDING people like B19) love to use and abuse until they are cornered and then they will discipline them and wash their own hands. You think Flops mismanagement team had no idea how often and flagrantly Earl would break both the regs and common safety practices? Sh!t just look at his logged time...25-28 days in a row flying trips...Duty days in the range of 15-20 hours regularly...How often would he write things up?

Just like B19 will try to instill fear in those not cauterized against it that they will somehow be targeted for writing things up...a good inspector from the FAA will catch people like Earl, Ed, and others who always seem to show up at a maintenance base with everything breaking all at once.

Bottom line - if it is broke, or appears broke - write it up and get it examined before flight...that is not a slowdown campaign, that is your J.O.B. If the mechanic signs it off airworthy and you agree, then fly...if you disagree, the be a man and DISAGREE and get more info before you go airborne.

Sorry this is late in coming, but I just found this rather entertaining thread. I just can't believe you all have left this one for me:

Originally Posted by brokeflyer
dude you need to go get yourself laid....it'll do ya a lotta good.
To which Skanza replied:
ok--meet me by the dumpster.
Why, is that where you usually wait on your knees?

I'm rather amused at the permutations Skeezer and D19 go to attempting to justify why a pilot is not permitted to write an item up which is apparently not airworthy. It just goes to prove that there are always dirtballs who will fly any piece of junk for anything (or nothing).

Last edited:
I encourage you to play those silly union games

Sorry this is late in coming, but I just found this rather entertaining thread. I just can't believe you all have left this one for me:

To which Skanza replied:
Why, is that where you usually wait on your knees?

I'm rather amused at the permutations Skeezer and D19 go to attempting to justify why a pilot is not permitted to write an item up which is apparently not airworthy. It just goes to prove that there are always dirtballs who will fly any piece of junk for anything (or nothing).

Once again, I encourage you to play those silly union games. I have never stated that an item shouldn't be written up if it's unairworthy.

Now, when airworthy items are written up as un-airworthy using standards not created by the company or the manufacturer (the ones that detirmine the intended use) it does create a different scenario and isn't that what we are really talking about here?

Those that love to abuse their PIC rights are entitled to be trended and sanctioned by the company and the courts. All I'm doing is giving you the inside story on how they are going to catch you.

Yeah, I remember that all too well...and another good pilot got screwed over by that after mx asked him to return the plane directly to CGF gear down, but never issued a ferry permit...

These are the kinds of idiots mgmt (INCLUDING people like B19) love to use and abuse until they are cornered and then they will discipline them and wash their own hands. You think Flops mismanagement team had no idea how often and flagrantly Earl would break both the regs and common safety practices? Sh!t just look at his logged time...25-28 days in a row flying trips...Duty days in the range of 15-20 hours regularly...How often would he write things up?

Just like B19 will try to instill fear in those not cauterized against it that they will somehow be targeted for writing things up...a good inspector from the FAA will catch people like Earl, Ed, and others who always seem to show up at a maintenance base with everything breaking all at once.

Bottom line - if it is broke, or appears broke - write it up and get it examined before flight...that is not a slowdown campaign, that is your J.O.B. If the mechanic signs it off airworthy and you agree, then fly...if you disagree, the be a man and DISAGREE and get more info before you go airborne.

Spoken like the hero you are.

Hear, hear!

Spoken like the hero you are.

That's the first credible sentence I have ever seen you post. Nice job. Build on that and you may be on the road to recovery. Baby steps though buddy...if you pay real close attention, someday you MAY start to see some sense.

watch out, I'm quoting B19..oh no!!!

Once again, I encourage you to play those silly union games. I have never stated that an item shouldn't be written up if it's unairworthy.

Now, when airworthy items are written up as un-airworthy using standards not created by the company or the manufacturer (the ones that detirmine the intended use) it does create a different scenario and isn't that what we are really talking about here?

Those that love to abuse their PIC rights are entitled to be trended and sanctioned by the company and the courts. All I'm doing is giving you the inside story on how they are going to catch you.

That's pretty much what I'm saying. I have not ever suggested not to write something up that is broken. Rather, not to write something up that isn't broken. You all know it happens, look in the mirror. And as far as carrying squawks goes: waiting until you get to a MX base is as bad as waiting until you are at a place where you know there's no MX then writing it up. You all know the latter happens too. Where you are, how the union negotiations are going, and your hate for managment should have no bearing on what, if anything, gets written up. But again, you all know this happens too.
Typical.

lol.....funny stuff there.

Since im an A&P as well, I can determine airworthiness....mmmuuuhhhaaa

Well, you may be an A&P, but your capacity with the company is ATP. Having an A&P doesn't automatically allow you to perform maintenance and determine airworthiness, especially on a 135 aircraft. You should know that, Mr. Mechanic.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back