• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
lol.....funny stuff there.

Since im an A&P as well, I can determine airworthiness....mmmuuuhhhaaa

Last edited:
"bad luck." That's funny.

I heard it was incompetence. Was it you?

I ran the spell checker for you too. You're welcome.

The problem was whether it was "bad luck" or incompetence, the real problem was the attempted cover-up/failure to report it, which could have jeopardized another crews safety! Quite frankly if what I heard is true, he should be outed by name!

The operation, not the airworthiness.
Now you are arguing semantics. The bottom line is that the airplane doesn't move until I'm happy. End of story. Thanks for playing.

If I could I would fischman. But I would stay in management just the same. Flying isn't as much of a challenge when there are pilots like you out there to be managed.

Yeah, I'm a REAL handful.

This is why you are a bad manager. You think the pilots at your company work for YOU. They don't. YOU work for THEM. The PILOT is the ones out on the road making the magic happen. YOU are there to give them the support and resources required to do a good job.

The pilots don't need you do to have a job. YOU have a job because of the pilots. (I bet that eats away at your soul, being dependent on a bunch of lowly pilots. BWAAHAHAHA.)

If you haven't noticed, I, nor anyone else on these boards (except maybe skanza), isn't bullied by your scare tactics.

Last edited:
Yes, your quote of 91.3 is correct, but it doesn't include performing maintenance. We trust those people as our passengers trust us. Get over it.

I never said anything about performing maintenance. If there is an engine change, and I'm concerned about the work done, I'm going to ask the mechanic to take the cowling off and show what I need to see to be comfortable.

If he, or NetJets doesn't like it, they can airline in another pilot to take the flight. It will then be up to that pilot as to if the flight will go.

I'm not going to take off until I and my crew are 100% comfortable with the condition of the plane, and 100% ready to go.

That is the safety culture we have at NetJets, and what our owners pay for.

Having said all that, if I go to these extremes I am going to need a valid reason for refusing a trip. I'm not going to these extremes every time, but every now and then, there is those little red flags that go up, and the hair stands up on the back of your neck, and you get short of breath.

That is when I start asking questions. That is what I get paid to do. Fly planes SAFELY.

Keep up the good work!

Yeah, I'm a REAL handful.

This is why you are a bad manager. You think the pilots at your company work for YOU. They don't. YOU work for THEM. The PILOT is the ones out on the road making the magic happen. YOU are there to give them the support and resources required to do a good job.

The pilots don't need you do to have a job. YOU have a job because of the pilots. (I bet that eats away at your soul, being dependent on a bunch of lowly pilots. BWAAHAHAHA.)

If you haven't noticed, I, nor anyone else on these boards (except maybe skanza), isn't bullied by your scare tactics.

On the contrary, you really don't know what kind of manager I am. But if we were in the same company, you would be happy I was there.

By the way, I don't have a job because of pilots. They have jobs because at some point somebody undertook the incredible risk associated with starting an air carrier. Your attitude completely undercuts his efforts.

Maintainance slowdowns go back for decades and the pilots who conduct them are always identified as jerks to everybody in the company, even after the CBA is settled. That stigma never goes away.

Do as you please fischman, place your standards on something that has a different set of standards. As long as you can explain it later in court, you might be OK. My guess is that the judge will accept the manufacturer's standards before yours. Keep up the good work! :beer:

Why is it so hard for you or anybody else to understand those facts?

They would have to change regulations for that to happen.

Broke, the judges have already sided with the company on this subject, and I've told you how they did it. You're wrong on this.

The company trended the data, compared it against posts on public and union message boards, isolated the statistical outliers, identified the pilots and successfully got the court injunction.

That has been done twice over the last 10 years, and both times the union and individual pilots were ordered to cease the activity.

Why is it so hard for you or anybody else to understand those facts?

What I mean is I have the final authority. That is written in the regs. It's like saying you are charged with parking your car in your own garage. You jealous neighbor hates it, but it's legal. Or, "christians against Christ".....it just don't make sence.

I dont know, Ive been flying for 30+ years and when I write something up it gets fixed. No questions asked. Of all the crap out there, the one thing management learned from me is dont fck with me on saftey and write ups.

Maybe it's something else but I've never had any problems writing up planes.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back