Folks Feeling Blue

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Chef,

Not-to-worry, compadre...passengers breed faster than we can pi$$ 'em off.

My observations from Friday at JFK:

1. If you laid every Delta B767 end-to-end...that would just about describe the ramps at JFK! Holy Moly! How many of those things do they have?

2. jetBlue ramp guy giving a (couldn't tell the airline) B757 the finger for flashing the taxi lights at him. It wasn't the gesture itself...it was the exhausted half-lift of the arm and head-slumped gait back to the concourse that spoke volumes.

3. The Port Authority needs to hire a few Norwegians from Minnesota to clear their surfaces. The folks from Queens haven't broken the code on winter.

4. The inside of the terminals looked like the evacuation of Saigon. All that was missing were choppers landing on the roof.

5. Those Virgin guys win the "Whiner Of The Year" award. Whatta bunch of dooshes. Can't hack the turn from Kilo-Alpha onto 31L?...too bad...and no, we will not hold all traffic for 5-minutes for you to figure it out.

6. North American guys miss a turn and go beak-to-beak with another jet on November. Ground asks if they have an airport diagram. Couldn't-make-this-one-up: "We got one here somewhere!"

7. One benefit from the ice storm: Crack sales in the park in front of the JFK Crowne Plaza hotel were waaay down. I only saw 4 Hummers parked out front. (The hookers were reduced to giving "mitten jobs")

Hang in there!

7. One benefit from the ice storm: Crack sales in the park in front of the JFK Crowne Plaza hotel were waaay down. I only saw 4 Hummers parked out front. (The hookers were reduced to giving "mitten jobs")

Hang in there!

Oooo, I'd imagine that would chafe....

Nu

We could all be witnessing the end of the airline -- any of us who work here will tell you: It's that bad. The recovery from this in terms of money, customer goodwill, resources, investor confidence, and employee trust is soo far in the future I am not sure it will even happen. The funny thing is, the story about stranding pax on the tarmac for 8 hours isn't even the real story. The real story is how fooked up this situation has become as a result of one storm, a situation that has now extened into Monday with the cancellation of all 190 operations on that day as well.
You obviously don't have enough experience in this business if you believe that. This to shall pass.

The cancellations raise new questions about whether JetBlue’s management is equal to its ambitions. Early last year, after fuel prices had wiped out profit at the airline, it was forced to curtail an aggressive delivery program for new planes and focus more on making its existing operations run more smoothly.

On Friday afternoon, JetBlue’s chief executive, David G. Neeleman, acknowledged that he should have canceled more JetBlue flights on Wednesday to avoid stranding for more than six hours hundreds of passengers on nine planes that could not get to the gates at J.F.K. In an interview, Mr. Neeleman said of the spillover of delays to Friday: “Day three: unforgivable.”

Airline managers can only point their fingers at the cost side of the equation for so long. Sooner or later something comes up that reveals them in all their naked glory. Must be a drag to consider the possibility that working for low pay wasn't so much an investment in the future as it was a subsidy for incompetent management.

Chef,

Not-to-worry, compadre...passengers breed faster than we can pi$$ 'em off.

My observations from Friday at JFK:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7......

Hang in there!

It's early, but this one's got "Post of the Year" written all over it.

Chef,

You're alright afterall. Believe me, put in the apps, there are better things out there. Looks like you woke up and the koolaid is wearing off...

On a lighter note, I wonder what Jetblue will give the pilots. I got a mini mag flashlight a few years ago for some weather related event. For this one they might have to raid the aircraft liquor cabinet. You know, that could make a good thread...

What will management give the pilots for a job well done? Probably a terminal 6 meal voucher or maybe a date with D.M. I think the latter would be a choice for the blue angel dude...

Don't worry dude, passengers are cheap and have no memory. If you offer a fare one dollar lower than the others, you will fill up your jets....

I would say this just breaks my heart to see this happening to JBLU, but I don't have one.

Perhaps I will shed a crocodile tear or two.

In mourning,

Frank

Latest resources

Back