Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FO/Flex how would you vote to integrate??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Real sorry that get's under your skin, Slow....lol. Also sorry you don't have any reasonable response to the topics just mentioned.
WL

Real sorry that get's under your skin, Slow....lol. Also sorry you don't have any reasonable response to the topics just mentioned.
WL

I'm glad you're proud of yourself, actually thinking it gets under my skin.
Couldn't care
Was just pointing out, that you like the word Goober.
Maybe try expanding your vocabulary, or are you stuck on that word on your word of the day calendar.

993 Pilot et al
I agree that TWA 2 should stop his continual sword fighting with FO?there really is nothing left to discuss.
The Flex ?anti-union pilots? you mention are not, I believe, anti-union so much as they are pilot?s who don?t feel a need for a union?.if circumstances change for the worst, I believe most of us would come together and vote in a union(hopefully not the 1108). I, and many others I?ve talked with here, don?t see a need for a union now with it?s immediate pay reduction i.e. dues, it?s inevitable decline in work attitudes, service quality, and efficiencies that will follow. You Goobers who post all the lies, half truths, exaggerations, and other BS don?t help your cause. The auto workers in the South, the teachers unions in Wisconson, and many other places are abandoning union membership because they realize what unions are?just another special interest group trying to get your money and then spending that money on themselves and their political cronies.
You say, given time, we will see policy changes here at Flex?..well, DUHHH..if you just put $200M into acquiring a company, would you not put your imprimatur on it. Your fear-mongerring about change is getting a bit long in the tooth and sounds like a bunch of kids in a dark closet afraid to peek out the door. If DAC were to start doing stuff that affects our livelihood and ability to make a descent living I would definitely consider a union. Until then, we are doing just fine without the 1108.
WL

Aside from the name calling (Goobers), Warlord nails it.

doh, the ONLY reason I use that term Goobers is because they(some FO pilots on this board) EARNED it when they so viciously attacked DW and other Flex managers with their foul-mouthed name-calling and despicable gutter-language...if they don't like the Goober moniker, all they have to do is apologize on this board for their foolishness and admit it was stupid....and, I don't expect that anytime soon.
Cheers

doh, the ONLY reason I use that term Goobers is because they(some FO pilots on this board) EARNED it when they so viciously attacked DW and other Flex managers with their foul-mouthed name-calling and despicable gutter-language...if they don't like the Goober moniker, all they have to do is apologize on this board for their foolishness and admit it was stupid....and, I don't expect that anytime soon.
Cheers

I never read anything as ridiculous in the Regionals forum about Mesa and Ornstein as I've read here about Flexjet and it's management. Now, that's saying something!

all they have to do is apologize on this board for their foolishness and admit it was stupid....and, I don't expect that anytime soon.
Cheers

Apologize, maybe DW should send out an apology also. Maybe something along the lines of, "So sorry that I have been your CEO for months now, and I am just getting around to sending out an email to tell you that, so sorry I have made zero efforts to communicate with a whole new pilot group that I am now in charge of "

993 Pilot et al
I agree that TWA 2 should stop his continual sword fighting with FO?there really is nothing left to discuss.
The Flex ?anti-union pilots? you mention are not, I believe, anti-union so much as they are pilot?s who don?t feel a need for a union?.if circumstances change for the worst, I believe most of us would come together and vote in a union(hopefully not the 1108). I, and many others I?ve talked with here, don?t see a need for a union now with it?s immediate pay reduction i.e. dues, it?s inevitable decline in work attitudes, service quality, and efficiencies that will follow. You Goobers who post all the lies, half truths, exaggerations, and other BS don?t help your cause. The auto workers in the South, the teachers unions in Wisconson, and many other places are abandoning union membership because they realize what unions are?just another special interest group trying to get your money and then spending that money on themselves and their political cronies.
You say, given time, we will see policy changes here at Flex?..well, DUHHH..if you just put $200M into acquiring a company, would you not put your imprimatur on it. Your fear-mongerring about change is getting a bit long in the tooth and sounds like a bunch of kids in a dark closet afraid to peek out the door. If DAC were to start doing stuff that affects our livelihood and ability to make a descent living I would definitely consider a union. Until then, we are doing just fine without the 1108.
WL

You appear to be conflicted, you start off by saying you don't need a union since they are cause of many problems and everything is good the way it is and you don't want to be associated with those "goobers"

Then you say that if things change for the worse you will then support a union.
( and become a "goober" by your logic)

It will eventually come down to a question of trust.

Are you ready to trust Kenn Ricci 100% and vote no for the union. Thereby putting all of your trust in him that he has your best interest at heart.

OR

Are you a little suspicious of him and worried what he might do to your pay, schedule, benefits etc...
If you are worried then maybe joining with other pilots in negotiating a CBA might be the better option.

I think deep down that is what each pilot will have to decide for himself.

Exaggerations? You mean like:

993 Pilot et al
... don?t see a need for a union now with it?s immediate pay reduction i.e. dues, it?s inevitable decline in work attitudes, service quality, and efficiencies that will follow.... WL

Dues at 1.53% is a redution in pay? I happily pay that for the protections it affords me. For instance, KR could potentially cut the Flex pilots pay, or take away any benefit, at any time, without a contract, but that isn't true at Options, precisely because we have a CBA. We both know he won't do that until the threat of a union is gone, but do you really trust and believe that would be true afterwards? Did KR give the Options pilots a pay raise after the Netjets pilots got a new contract like Flexjet and Citationair did?... NO! Taking a wait & see attitude about union representation would cost you a minimum of 4 years at the mercy of KR before you had the benefit of a new CBA. Can you and your family afford that? You & TWA have already made it clear that you would be willing to risk it, but I bet a lot of your co-workers are thinking seriously about the best course to take, and I don't blame them... History teaches a powerful lesson, and DW is merely a puppet now.

BTW, there is no decline in work attitude or service quality either, at least not as a result of the union. That may or may not happen, but it is a direct result of how management treats the pilots. Personally, my attitude and service quality would decline by having to work forced overtime... but then again the FO pilots don't have to, as a direct result of having a union. Can you say that?

Latest resources

Back